Grants Manager, Iraq
Do you have substantial experience in Grants Management? Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a seasoned Grants Manager to oversee grant acquisition, implementation, monitoring, and reporting in support of our response in Northern Iraq. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Provide oversight for all grants within the SP N. Iraq grants portfolio, ensuring timely submission of proposals, reports, and amendments.
- Liaise between SP and Governmental/Non-Governmental authorities for collaborative programming on behalf of SP, including participating in cluster meetings related to the PDO’s sector of expertise. Integrate cluster strategies into project design, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Program Development Officer (PDO) and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer to be sure grants are on track for timely completion and that targets are being met.
- Work with Finance Manager to ensure systems that provide for preparation of timely and accurate donor reports are in place.
- Provide oversight to the National M&E Officer and work with him/her to develop systems of data collection, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Monitor and be aware of upcoming agency "calls for proposals" and proactively inform the CD, Regional Director, and Regional Program Development Officer of upcoming opportunities.
- Regularly travel to field sites to better understand the operational environment and challenges faced in project implementation and to provide guidance on donor and SP internal rules and regulations.
- Encourage opportunities for inter-departmental capacity building and learning, liaising regularly with both the Finance and Logistics departments.
- Provide strategy and oversight for the Programs Department, evaluating potential funding opportunities, based on their fit within SP N. Iraq’s vision and mission.
- BA degree or above in social sciences, public health, business administration or international development.
- 2 or more years’ experience in grants/contracts management
- Experience in WFP, USAID, UNDP-CHF, UNHCR, UNICEF, and DFATD funded projects
- Experience in FSL, WASH, nutrition or food aid projects.
- Experience working for INGOs, preferably in the Middle East
- At least 1 year of experience acting in a supervisory role strongly preferred
- One year (12 semester hours) of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate both financial and programmatic functions of grant management
- Proven experience in database development and management
- Arabic language skills preferred but not required.
24 month contract with potential for extension
This position is accompanied, but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9108