Grants Manager - Bahamas
* BHS-Bahamas-Marsh Harbour
Samaritan’s Purse is responding to meet the physical and spiritual needs of those effected by Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas. We are seeking a Grants Manager to serve as part of the projects support team for the country office. As Grants Manager you will have the opportunity to maintain accountability of all donor funded projects, and develop and track indicators to ensure compliance to donor requirements. You’ll work alongside the Program Development Officer, Deputy Country Director, Program Managers and Finance Mangers to prepare, report, and manage the country’s internal and external donor funded programs.Will you join us in reaching out to those in the Bahamas with the hope of Jesus Christ?
A day in the life of a Grants Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and then we join together to pray for one another, our staff and volunteers serving around the globe.
In the role of Grants Manager, you will:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him.
- Work with program managers in designing monitoring & evaluation systems for measuring the success of their projects.
- Maintain grant management systems and procedures, and program wide strategies for implementation Develop and track internal and donor program indicators focusing on results based program management.
- Support the PDO with donor representation particularly with the cluster coordination, or other relevant international donors and national level stakeholder meetings.
- Maintain grant tracking that provides for comprehensive data and information collection and storage processes throughout the grant cycle. Maintain respective soft and hard copy grant filing and documentation system.
- Work with program teams at the start of grants to assist with the setup of the grant, form a M&E perspective and establish methods of survey, data collection, evaluation, that the PM’s will use in the field to stay on target of the desired results and timelines of the grant.
- Maintain oversight of status of ongoing grants, informing program managers of donor concerns and requirements while collecting and collating quality information from program managers needed by donors on a timely basis.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing grants in an international context
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university in a relevant field
- Experience in WFP, USAID, UNDP-CHF, CIDA, or OFDA funded projects
- Experience in FSL, WASH, nutrition or food aid projects
- Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and meet deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work with a diverse team in a pressured environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Spiritually mature, focused on the spiritual well-being of your team and goal of sharing the Gospel
- Fluency in English (required)
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required)
Job Location: Bahamas
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: TBD (as project develops)
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1yr)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10906