Global Technical Advisor, Markets and Livelihoods
Are you knowledgeable in livelihoods and market-based sectors in the humanitarian world? Do you feel a calling to address these needs globally? Samaritan’s Purse provides the resources and training that allow families in impoverished, rural communities to feed their families and even obtain a modest income that can be used for education, medical care, or other needs through Animals and Agriculture. We are searching for an experienced Global Technical Advisor, Markets and Livelihoods that will lead this charge!
This position will develop, support, and/or expand livelihoods and market-based programs in all Samaritan’s Purse field offices. This individual will provide technical guidance to livelihoods sector field staff, and ensure that these programs best serve the livelihood needs and promote the economic recovery of target communities. The position will be based in our international headquarter in Boone, NC but will travel frequently to the field as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Work with International Projects leadership assess and develop project proposals addressing livelihoods-related needs.
- Work with teams to build the capacity of livelihoods program managers and coordinators through training development and delivery, troubleshooting support and technical backstopping.
- Facilitate technically sound program implementation with staff, in-field partners and community stakeholders that results in high participation and empowerment of local communities.
- Ensure livelihoods programs are consistent with both Samaritan’s Purse core Christian values and with minimum standards in humanitarian response.
- Act in capacity of central resource center for all field-based livelihoods and market-based programming.
- Collaborate with Learning and Program Support team to curate and disseminate relevant sector resources, tools and knowledge for field office staff via appropriate platforms and mechanisms.
- Provide professional technical input and review of field-level sector reports or proposals.
- Continuous development of professional knowledge and skills to stay current of trends in the global livelihoods and economic recovery sector.
- Participate in Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) deployments and serve on the Incident Management Team (IMT) as needed.
- Provide assistance in interviewing candidates to fill sector positions in the field as needed.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Minimum Bachelor degree (Masters preferred) in economic development, sustainable development or international development
- 5-10 years related experience living and working cross culturally; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with market-based humanitarian or development programming, including market assessment and analysis, cash transfer programming (CTP), cash and voucher (C&V) programming and/or economic recovery programming is preferred.
- Available to travel approximately 60 days throughout the year.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
** Please include a cover letter along with your resume to explain why you are qualified for this position.
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)