Global Technical Advisor, Food Programs
Samaritan’s Purse is committed to reaching out to the hungry with both physical and spiritual nourishment. Often, we focus on feeding large groups of people in emergency situations. Other times, we address a chronic lack of food or nutrition. We also provide daily meals through school feeding programs to promote attendance, improve performance, and nourish growing bodies.
The Global Technical Advisor, Food Programs will provide technical support to all Samaritan’s Purse food assistance programs around the world, while developing food security programs, and consolidating processes and best practices. Position will specifically focus on support of food programming and capacity building of SP food management field staff in areas of monitoring, reporting, and in compliance with donor regulations. The position will be based in our international headquarters in Boone, NC but will travel frequently to the field as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Samaritan’s Purse country food program managers to develop technically sound food aid programs and build the capacity of field staff in food program operational management, evaluation and reporting.
- Provide technical guidance and review of emergency food security assessments/surveys.
- Travel to field sites as needed for temporary assigned field responsibility, project assessment, or other work as assigned.
- Stay current with global food programming trends and regulation changes, and become a resource center for Samaritan’s Purse food security and food assistance programming, focusing on ensuring the compliance of food programs. Monitor global food security trends and identify opportunity areas.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Regularly update the Samaritan’s Purse food training manual, and ensure training compliance with other technical standards initiatives.
- Work with field food program managers and the Country Directors to develop and review project proposals addressing the food programming needs.
- Prepare periodic reports to the Director of Program Development on food program status.
- Meet with regional and country donor community as needed and cultivate relationships with other food assistance agencies at the technical level.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse at relevant donor forums.
- Build linkages within the international humanitarian / food security community to position Samaritan’s Purse for strategic partnerships.
- Track Samaritan’s Purse food assistance activity globally.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Minimum Bachelor degree (Masters preferred) in International Development, International Studies or other related field
- 4-10 years related experience and/or training in international program management; or equivalent combination of education and food program experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
** Please include a cover letter along with your resume to explain why you are qualified for this position.
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10927