Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced GIS Analyst on one of our OCC (Operation Christmas Child) teams. This GIS Analyst will manage geographic analysis of all areas of Operation Christmas Child both domestically and internationally, including acquisition and preparation of data from various sources both within and outside the ministry. This position places its primary focus on annual shoe box growth and volunteer growth strategies; analysis of key dashboard markers; assessment of ministry effectiveness; continued evaluation of high potential areas for shoe box growth; and production and maintenance of OCC regional and team map series. This is an exciting opportunity for an analyst who wants to use their skills and abilities in a Christian Global Organization, impacting millions everyday! If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with a lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Two or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in GIS, Information Technology, Enterprise Geodatabase (SDE), ArcGIS Server, and/or ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Must have knowledge of core GIS principles and practices, concepts including cartography, coordinate systems, data-entry/geocoding, spatial analysis, geoprocessing, and publishing map
- Manage and prepare all geographic information systems data for use by OCC and associated support areas of the ministry.
- Conduct routine geographic analysis of OCC USA and OCC USA International data, including key dashboard markers.
- Annually update key map series and visual aids.
- Manage and maintain GIS Portal (a tool created for Connect Volunteers that allows the volunteers use web mapping technology). Analyze respective areas through the review of dashboard markers and form strategy for annual growth goals.
- Manage OCC Collection Center and Relay Center data to identify collection network strengths and weaknesses and enable affective ministry planning for Regional Office and Connect Volunteers.
- Analyze data to improve efficiency of resources, convenience of drop-off for donors, and future growth strategy.
- Analyze OCC shoebox collection data to identify relationships between material orders, promotional campaigns and the existing collection network.
- Integrate ancillary data - including evangelical population with OCC dashboard markers - to target future growth areas.
- Liaise with Samaritan’s Purse Information Systems Department staff to facilitate generation of all Select Requests for SP data to be used in GIS.
- Manage all data related to Volunteer Relations and OCC Volunteer Area Team and Regional geographies.
- Support Church Relations in development and maintenance of Annual Church List and Affirmation and Participation Campaigns.
- Support OCC International in managing National Leadership Teams and Regional Leadership Teams and their respective geographies for tracking of evangelical events, The Greatest Journey execution, and future growth strategy.
- Identify new ways to use existing OCC data for spatial analysis, trend observation, and growth strategy for marketing/branding, volunteer relations, operations, promotions, international field ministry and more.
- Work with VMS and Tableau as related to processing and scheduling volunteers - primarily during November and December OCC.
- Possibly serve in supervisory capacity during this time period at an OCC Processing Center, perhaps requiring temporary relocation.
- Assist in strategy planning for placing annual OCC events such as Connect Conferences, press events, and more.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Impact!
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public
- Career with Purpose!
- Great Work Life Balance
- Industry Leading Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- High matching 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10491