Food Program Manager (OFDA/FFP)
Serve Here! Why? You will receive the opportunity to reach the people of DRC with life-saving food, but more importantly, with life-saving spiritual food through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Be a part of the team by serving in the Food Program Manager (OFDA/FFP) role.
Under the direction of the Emergency Response Program Manager-OFDA/FFP, the Program Manager-Food-OFDA/FFP will be responsible for overall management of the food portion of the OFDA/FFP program.
Description of Job duties:
- Direct and oversee the food sector of the OFDA/FFP program within given budgets and project deadlines, ensuring that all food assistance objectives are met through proper planning, staffing, and implementation.
- Organize and direct the work of food sector staff, providing supervision, training, and performance appraisals.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in collaboration with the Program Development Officer (PDO) and M&E Coordinator.
- Submit timely, accurate, and professional program reports that meet SP and donor requirements.
- Ensure project activities comply with international and SP standards and meet USAID rules and regulations.
- Manage project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and to appropriate SP DRC and IHQ staff.
- Coordinate with Logistics Department to ensure verifiable records for the procurement, transportation, delivery and receipt of project inputs at the respective field sites.
- Discuss plans and strategies with relevant stakeholders, including government authorities, UN agencies, other humanitarian actors and SP partners, to ensure proper understanding and coordination of project objectives.
- Make periodic visits to project field sites, providing staff support, addressing programmatic challenges, analyzing general food security context, and exploring future food assistance project possibilities.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in French language (written and verbal) is preferred but not a requirement.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope with stress and live in basic conditions; flexibility and patience.
- Previous experience working with food assistance and/or agricultural programs and/or community-based programming in Africa.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to network and build relationships with government, civil society, and community partners.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
This position will often require travel to parts of the country with communicable diseases, hot and humid conditions.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8989