Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
We are searching for a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor who has a heart to serve Haiti, a desire to build capacity in national staff, and the experience to manage our fleet. This could be your opportunity to have a career with impact. We invite you to apply today!
- Maintain and improve the fleet maintenance program for the following types of vehicles and generators:
- Late model Dodge, Ford and Nissan pick-up trucks, Kia and Mitsubishi model diesel pick-up trucks
- Freightliner medium duty trucks
- Caterpillar and Bobcat skid steer
- Caterpillar, Perkins and John Deere generators 30K-200K
- Maintain a system that guarantees spare parts are purchased in a timely manner and in sufficient quantities to keep vehicles and generators functioning.
- Ensure all fleet users are trained and comply with the requirements of transport and fleet management manual.
- Guarantee that the manufacturer recommended servicing schedule of all vehicles is carried out.
- Coordinate vehicle planning to ensure cost effective use of resources.
- Regularly evaluate training needs for the mechanics, drivers, and transport staff regarding technical ability.
- Design and implement training programs for the mechanics, drivers and transport staff.
- Ensure that relevant staff are competent in parts management, inventory, and rotation of vehicle controls.
- Support the implementation of the security management plan for the country program through providing adequate transport planning and support.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Vocational Technical Degree or Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; and related experience as a line mechanic with at least 2 years managerial experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience in fleet management of light vehicles, heavy trucks or heavy equipment.
- Experience in training for drivers and mechanics for all types of vehicles.
- Experience in procurement of spare parts.
- Overseas experience, preferred.
- Knowledge in all areas of service and repair of vehicles and maintenance equipment.
- Position requires frequent travel throughout the region in harsh and trying conditions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- French/Creole language skills, preferred but not required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Two Year Contract
Accompanied position but unable to accommodate children
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9169