Financial Operations Assistant
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We are currently seeking to fill a Financial Operations Assistant position. The person hired in this role will be responsible for assisting the Controller and Managers of Financial Operations with the administration of finance functions to include payroll and general accounting support.
- Download, reconcile and close out the Cabaret software system used in the dining room for payroll deduction each pay period. Set up employees; scan and troubleshoot any barcode/scanning issues.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of payroll dining room, field cash, and taxable benefit (both domestic and international) withholding accounts.
- Facilitate all aspects of the Empower timekeeping system for the department including, Access, setup, processes, reconciliation and reporting; and timekeeping file including Non-Exempt employee timesheets, uploading and data entry and reconciliation between the three (3) systems.
- Prepare information for both internal and external payroll audits and insurance audits. Research, analyze and resolve payroll-related questions and information requests.
- Prepare monthly payment schedules for all TCN/International salaries paid through Accounts Payable.
- Calculate, set up and file all child support, garnishments and levies.
- File, scan, and maintain proper storage and retention of active employee, termination, and payroll files. Document and update the Payroll Policy and Procedure Manual as needed.
- Assist in review, approval and coding of taxable benefits for both international and domestic staff.
- Assist in obtaining from Projects and setting up all Award codes for allocations for field payroll, as well as work with Projects Accounting to resolve code issues.
- Assist in Projects information and assistance in the international tax filing process for the field offices.
- Follow-up on unpaid invoices and reconcile billing statements (e.g. VISA Corporate card statement and the P-card billing statement).
- May reconcile departmental petty cash reimbursement requests (including reviewing and preparing backup documentation and GL coding).
- May include maintaining Accounts Payable address book.
- Prepare audit and year end payables reports as needed.
- Assist in maintaining 1099 files and Sales & Use tax reports and files.
- Prepare other monthly reports for management as assigned.
- Assist other Payroll, Accounts Payable, General Accounting staff in absence or as needed. Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to Juggle Competing Tasks while Prioritizing Work Assignments
· Attention to Detail
· High Level of Confidentiality
· Efficient (processes, productivity)
· Exhibit Willingness to Learn
· Work Well Under Tight Deadlines
· Problem Solving
· Collaboration with Others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A.A.) and one to three (3) years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience with Excel is strongly desired.
Employees who work within the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9193