Financial Analyst, OCC
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst, OCC to join our Finance team.
What you will be doing:
- Develop, implement, and coordinate all financial reports, statistics, and analysis for Operation Christmas Child (OCC), both domestically and internationally.
- Complete and distribute international and US Shoebox reports as required.
- Complete annual shoebox valuation project in conjunction with Finance Department staff.
- Assist OCC VP and Directors in semi-annual budget preparation in accordance with Finance Department guidelines.
- Assist the OCC VP and Directors in monitoring and reviewing OCC expenses and financial statements.
- Monitor and reconcile OCC gift-in-kind, shoebox and purchased inventory
- Assist in the development and maintenance of future projections and plans for up to five years or more.
- Working with the Finance Department, maintain OCC ledger and account coding structure.
- Stay abreast of OCC departmental procedures and maintain written OCC finance procedures.
- Recommend cost-efficient and cost-saving opportunities for OCC.
- Assist OCC VP and directors by reviewing purchase requisitions, payment requests, invoices and contracts which are for significant dollar amounts and/or key spending areas, as defined by the OCC VP
- Report on spending of other departments who spend on behalf of OCC, and help coordinate budget projections with those other departments.
- Train OCC staff on related finance and budget procedures
Attend and support OCC domestic and international conferences as needed.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and 5 to 7 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA or other licenses/certifications a plus
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential information
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a time-sensitive, deadline heavy environment
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10297-1