Want to use your financial management skills towards a greater purpose? At Samaritan’s Purse (SP), we’re hiring a Finance Manager to apply their skills and experience in our Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) international field office so that we can reach people with physical aid, but more importantly, with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We cannot reach this goal without the finance team ensuring good stewardship of the resources God’s given us. Have a career with impact. Serve here.
The Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to all projects and activities in the DRC as assigned by the Country Director (CD). The Finance Manager reports to the Country Director, works closely with the Regional Financial Officer (RFO), Deputy Country Director (DCD) and Senior Program Manager (SPM), and supervises the Field Accountant and Finance Supervisor(s).
Description of Job duties:
- Maintain detailed, accurate records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Perform, or supervise the performance of, daily functions (including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions), maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Review and approve financial transactions for SP field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, cash advances, transfers, etc.)
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
- Supervise, manage and support Field Accountant, Finance Supervisor(s) and Finance Department staff - assigning duties, assuring compliance with finance regulations and standards, and providing daily supervision of activities.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement, and work to implement feasible improvements.
- Prepare all in-country financial reporting for IHQ and donors.
- Develop annual fiscal year budgets with CD, DCD and SPM.
- Assist Program Development Officer (PDO) and Program Managers in developing budgets of new grant proposals.
- Oversee internal and external audits and reviews as required to ensure compliance with SP and donor requirements.
- Assist CD with representation of SP and networking with NGO and local donor delegates.
- Follow all procedures provided by the CD.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Agreement and compliance with the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith and policies.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; minimum of two years bookkeeping or accounting experience
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- 5+ years progressive financial management experience in a complex, dynamic environment such as: a nonprofit organization with operating budgets, diverse funding streams, and substantial financial and material assets, preferred.
- Preference (but not absolute requirement): Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in French.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience, with an ability to lead and to contribute to the team.
- Experience with foreign currencies and US Government / UN grants management.
- Proven administrative, leadership and management ability in the areas of strategic planning and organizational development.
- Strong leadership experience in budgeting, financial planning, and analysis.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to juggle complex multiple priorities and to work well independently with little administrative support.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite-in particular, Excel.
- Experience working and living overseas; with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is accompanied but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9273