We’re searching for a Finance Manager at Samaritan’s Purse! Do you have a mind for numbers and a heart for people? Is God calling you to serve internationally in a new capacity? This could be your chance for a career with purpose! Your expertise would support our global mission of providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world! We invite you apply today.
As a Finance Manager, you would be responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating all financial and budgetary aspects of the country office in La Paz, Bolivia; responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to a specific program(s), projects and/or region in a country as assigned by the Country Director.
*This position is able to accommodate a family
- Train and develop the capacity of national staff in management of finances at the La Paz base and sub bases.
- Mentor national staff in management of grant funded financial programs.
- Oversee internal and external audits and reviews as required to ensure compliance with Samaritan's Purse and donor requirements.
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse’s field accounting policies.
- Ensure daily functions for recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, cash and bank ledgers, cash advances and field expense reports, reconciliation of cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation are carried out.
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Director and Samaritan's Purse Headquarters.
- Assist with project budget preparations and regular review.
- Review and approve financial transactions for Samaritan's Purse field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
- Provide support to Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required. This includes training on compliance with local regulations and Samaritan's Purse policies.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with an emphasis in accounting or related field of study plus two or more years related experience; CPA or equivalent certification preferred; or equivalent combination of accounting education and managerial experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
- Experience working and living overseas preferred, with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- A strong desire to develop and empower national staff.
- Proven management experience.
- Works well with a level head and diplomacy in a sometimes adverse and pressured environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with software and intuitive ability in learning new computer programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor finances.
- Fluency in English is required
- Advanced level of Spanish is required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Please submit a detailed résumé and cover letter explaining how your experience relates to this position. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8752