Hurricane Irma destroyed the island of Barbuda leaving the population desolate and hopeless. Samaritan’s Purse is currently working to clean up the island, and plans to rebuild its infrastructure. Click here to discover more about our work on the island! Help support our ongoing project by serving as our Finance Manager on the nearby island of Antigua!
As a Finance Manager, you would be responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating all financial and budgetary aspects of the country office in Antigua & Barbuda; responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to a specific program(s), projects and/or region in a country as assigned by the Country Director.
- Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Supervise and assure performance of daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintaining cash and bank ledgers, monitoring cash advances and field expense reports, reconciling cash on hand and monthly bank statements.
- Provide required monthly financial reports regarding country-wide operations by specified deadlines to the Country Director (CD) and Samaritan's Purse International Headquarters as assigned.
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out accurately and in accordance with applicable field accounting policies.
- Review and approve financial transactions for field operations within the designated region (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at all assigned locations.
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on a minimum weekly basis, reporting any over/under to leadership, investigating any discrepancies.
- Administer all cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow staff members.
- Provide support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas.
- Ensure contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work to implement feasible improvements.
- Prepare all in-country financial reporting to grantors in a timely and accurate manner, according to the reporting requirements of each grantor.
- Assist in preparing and critically reviewing all budgets, including internal and external project budgets, ensuring that all activities and support mechanisms are adequately funded and that all budgets are accurate and reasonable.
- Prepare for and host all internal and external audits and auditors in collaboration with field leadership to ensure compliance with SP and donor requirements.
- Follow through on all financially related audit recommendations.
- Provide training to and work closely with program, logistics, and human resources staff as needed regarding interrelationship of financial responsibility and departmental duties.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with an emphasis in accounting plus five or more years related accounting and managerial experience; CPA, MA or equivalent certification preferred; or equivalent combination of accounting education and managerial experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience.
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience working and living overseas preferred, with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Works well with a level head and diplomacy in a sometimes adverse and pressured environment.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*This position is able to accommodate a spouse
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8564