Finance Manager, International Projects
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our International Projects team, at the International Headquarters of Samaritan's Purse, located in Boone, NC. The individual hired in this role will provide financial support in international field office settings and/or as part of a disaster assistance response team (DART). Will also support the administration and management of assigned projects, including review of procurement and expenditure documentation and ensuring appropriate reporting. Requires frequent international travel including quick deployments and potential extended placements.
- Travel to field offices and temporary project sites to provide financial management support.
- Deploy in response to an emergency situation with a DART or serve on the IHQ-based Incident Management Team as needed.
- When deployed to a field office or DART, maintain detailed, accurate records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources.
- Provide required monthly reports by specified deadlines to the line manager as assigned.
- Review and approve transactions for SP field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, bid justifications, transfers, etc.).
- Create reports for project activity documenting the compliance of awarding agency requirements pertaining to all financial and procurement matters.
- IHQ responsibilities will include working with assigned awards and field office projects to review and ensure projects have satisfactory procedures and documentation aligned with SP policy. This includes providing general financial backstopping, such as monitoring expenditures vs. budget, to ensure that financial functions support the timely and efficient implementation of programs and expenditures are consistent to awarding agency policies.
- Administer the reporting to ensure compliance requirements with all assigned awards, sub-awards and internal projects, including review of procurement and transportation documentation.
- Actively participate in mentoring and training of assigned field and IHQ staff on procedure and regulations pertaining to finance management.
- Travel to field sites as needed and assigned.
- Work in collaboration with Regional Finance Officers to support the needs and expectations of field finance management and field offices.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience
- Able to remain focused on details in disaster settings
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Experience working and living overseas; with ability to be flexible and adaptable Commitment and understanding of SP Mission and Statement of Faith
- Above average communication skills-both verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite-in particular, Excel
- People management and delegation abilities
- Works well with a level head and diplomacy in a sometimes adverse and pressured environment
- Diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with an emphasis in accounting or related field of study plus two or more years related experience; CPA or equivalent certification preferred; or equivalent combination of accounting education and managerial experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Employees who work within the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8926