Field Payroll Officer
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Field Payroll Officer to join our Finance team. This position will play a crucial role in supporting and updating payroll and timekeeping software for approximately 16 current locations and any future international projects country offices worldwide.
**This position does require frequent international travel - about 35% annually, trips lasting 1-2 weeks at a time.
What you will be doing:
- Support payroll and timekeeping systems in International Projects Field Offices.
- Thoroughly test all software updates prior to rollout, if able, and after to ensure continued accuracy of payroll system and calculation. An emphasis should be made on payroll software updates.
- Travel to Field Offices to provide ongoing payroll user training, identify areas of improvement, and provide user support for system implementation and staff training in future Field Offices.
- Review existing system configuration, and provide recommendations of improvement as needed, internal controls of payroll components to maintain efficiency and accuracy of system.
- Serve as liaison of system configuration and testing for each future Field Office implementation.
- Support Regional Finance Officers in fielding payroll questions from field payroll users as well as communicate directly with staff in Field Offices to provide instructions, corrections, and other work-related information.
- Provide ongoing user support, communicating problems encountered and enhancements needed to Projects, Finance, and Information Systems staff.
- Facilitate user access requests for field payroll users and verify accurate role assignments.
- Maintain reference guides and job aides for payroll users.
- Provide support to Field Offices to ensure sufficient and timely submissions of payroll related reports to local statutory agencies.
- Review international tax publications for changes in local tax structures, and suggest any necessary changes or updates in tax or employment structure including annual year-end update activities to the payroll system.
- Review annual field payroll compliance reports to ensure compliance with internal expectations and statutory requirements, ensuring compliance with financial practices and procedures.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting finance or a related field required; and 3 - 5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of human resources, timekeeping and payroll software and general processes, and general knowledge of accounting/ERP.
- Computer and technical knowledge required
- Must be self-motivated, meticulous, process-oriented, capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously, and able to work in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable with international travel
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Reference #: 10129