Want to use your accounting skills towards a greater purpose? At Samaritan’s Purse (SP), we’re hiring a Field Accountant to apply their skills and experience in our South Sudan field office so that we can reach people with physical aid, but more importantly, with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We cannot reach this goal without an accounting/financial team member ensuring we’re using the financial resources God’s given us with integrity. Have a career with impact. Serve here!
Description of Job duties:
- Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Director, Director of Finance and International Headquarters (IHQ) as assigned.
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance Samaritan’s Purse’s (SP’s) field accounting policies and perform other duties as assigned.
- Review and approve financial transactions for SP field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on a weekly basis, reporting any over/under to country office and investigate any over/under situations.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow financial staff and the Country Director.
- Provide support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required.
- Ensure contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work to implement feasible improvements.
- Prepare and submit month-end reports to SP IHQ regarding country-wide operations in a timely fashion.
- Follow all procedures provided by the Director of Finance and Country Director.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Experience working with grants, proposals and financial matters stemming from agreements and contracts with Aid organizations, NGOs and governments preferred.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Professional Accounting (CPA/ACCA) qualification will be an added advantage
- Proficiency with Automated Accounting systems and proven ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheet programs (MS Excel Including complicated formulas and use of pivot tables)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving abilities
- Well-versed with the Budget preparation and management
- Demonstrate financial reporting skills including preparation of donor reports
- Prior experiencing supervising and capacity building of junior staff will be an added advantage
- Prior experience with an International organization and prior knowledge of Donor reports such as UNHCR,FAO,WFP,USAID,OFDA,IHA, DFID among others
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Works well in a culturally diverse team and a pressured work-environment.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied position.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8822