We’re searching for a Field Accountant at Samaritan’s Purse! Do you have a mind for numbers and a heart for people? Is God calling you to serve internationally in a new capacity? This could be your chance for a career with purpose!
As a Field Accountant, you will be given the opportunity to be responsible for implementing and coordinating all financial and budgetary aspects of programs as assigned in Haiti. You will also be responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to the specific programs and projects as assigned.
*Unable to accommodate family or spouse
- Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Director and Finance manager and International Headquarters (IHQ) as assigned.
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance Samaritan’s Purse’s field accounting policies and perform other duties as assigned.
- Review and approve financial transactions for Samaritan's Purse field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on a weekly basis, reporting any over/under to country office and investigate any over/under situations.
- Administer all cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow financial staff and the Country Director.
- Provide support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required.
- Ensure contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work to implement feasible improvements.
- Prepare and submit month-end reports to IHQ regarding country-wide operations in a timely fashion.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of two years bookkeeping or accounting experience, or two years of international field accounting experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Above average communication skills-both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite-in particular, Excel.
- Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel.
- Works well in a pressured environment.
- French/Creole language skills, preferred but not required.
- High level of patience & flexibility.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8747