Events Logistics Specialist (Cvent, Adobe, Logistics, Graphics, HTML, Administration)
Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 100 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Our desire is to continue to grow this exciting, life changing ministry so more children around the world are impacted by the Gospel. We accomplish shoebox gift growth through the development of leader volunteers in the US who lead local volunteer teams promoting and growing the ministry of Operation Christmas Child in their communities. Operation Christmas Child has many events annually, ranging in size from small groups of 5-10 attendees to large global events with as many as 4,000 attendees. We currently have an opportunity to join our staff team as an Events Logistics Specialist, and if you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with a lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Manage content and development of Event Management Software (Cvent, Eventbrite, DoubleDutch, WordPress Theme, etc.) including registration data, updating conference event schedules and other details across all Operation Christmas Child domestic departments (i.e., guest travel data, venue data, county information pages, forms, event smart phone app, etc.).
- Utilize Adobe and Photoshop to assist in the graphic design of various Websites.
- Test and assure websites, applications, or other event functions related to registration.
- Make changes/edits and building new various OCC Websites using basic HTML, and Graphic Design abilities.
- Occasionally designing event print materials.
- Utilize Adobe and Photoshop to assist in graphic designing portions of various Websites.Coordinate venue and vendor payments and contracts, Track financial contributions.
- Utilizing Event Software Suite, manage guest lists and related information, manage travel needs of Event Guests and staff, E-Blast and other methods for Event Attendee and staff communications.
- Completing Expense reports, requesting reimbursements, requesting wire transfers, and editing various documents.
- Provides critically important attendee and staff communications for Events which is critical to key partnerships within the ministry.
- Utilize Event Software and/or Survey Monkey to gather guest evaluations/input; analyze gathered information and provide solid recommendations for process improvement.
- Coordinates digital event registration experiences for all Operation Christmas Child domestic events as well as onsite experiences for select events.
- Comprehensive event registration and on-site experiences for Operation Christmas Child events, including digital registration for breakout sessions as well.
- Working closely with IT, Finance, Travel and other SP departments to insure data is integrated into Samaritan's Purse systems.
- Provide on-site support at select company events; may lead events as directed.
- Completes rooming lists and roommate assignments.
We ask that you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA); and minimum of two (2) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Cvent or other Event Software tools
- Basic knowledge of HTML and an understanding of web/graphic design
- Able to proactively keep a project on track; troubleshoot problems as they arise, and communicate regular updates with internal stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strategic thinking, Problem solving
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Incredibly Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
We are searching for an event team member who is ready to utilize their talents and gifts to play a key role on the Events Logistics Team as they strive to share the Hope of the Gospel to children through the ministry of Operation Christmas Child! Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 125 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Operation Christmas Child has many events annually, ranging in size from small groups of 5-10 attendees to large global events with as many as 4,000 attendees. We currently have an opportunity to join our staff team as an Events Logistics Specialist.
Please make sure to include applicable experience and a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are qualified for this position specifically. We look forward to speaking to you!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9731