System Applications Administrator
Who are We?
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Applications Engineer/Administrator (Application Deployment, SCCM, MSCM, Windows Servers, Linux) to join one of our internal IT teams! Our IT department and each team within, stand at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. This Systems Administrator would be a part of a fast past IT department comprised of Network and Systems Infrastructure Engineers,, tasked with supporting these main teams in addition to Business Systems Analysts and Application Developers. This role is primarily responsible for various type of Application Deployments and Installs on existing and future Windows and Linux Servers, in addition to utilizing (VBScript, Powershell, etc.) for automating application packaging and deployments in a non-production environment, working with multiple IT teams providing Systems Application Server-side support. The ideal candidate would be a multi-faceted Systems Administrator familiar with Application packaging and Deployments to various Servers, who is willing to learn new processes, and be able to be the main point of contact on large Application roll outs and installs at the Systems Server level, supporting various groups in an Enterprise level IT department. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how you can accomplish that!
- Preferably 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer/Administrator completing Server-side Application Installs in an Enterprise level IT department.
- Leads to implement, update, and maintain enterprise level configuration management products.
- Installs, and configures multiple new and existing Human Resources, Financial and Business Applications on existing Windows and Linux Servers.
- Automates the deployment of all new enterprise Applications using tools like Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit, Microsoft Center Configuration Manager, and others.
- Management of multiple system application environments; production and non-production
- Oversees the Change Control Management process for multiple applications in multiple environments.
- Serves as the point-of-contact for multiple departments in regards to the Application Deployment and Installs on existing Servers.
- Completes automated scripting with various languages (e.g., VBScript, Powershell) for making repeatable and accurate packaging processes and deployment of packages and applications.
- Supports the development of operational guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to prevent and/or resolve recurring server and/or application problems.
- Works closely with the Database Administrators to ensure applications can be successfully implemented in accordance with current storage and Database designs.
- Analyzes the current enterprise configuration management implementation structure and proposes innovative and creative solutions to include necessary Architecture changes required.
- Provides support to the Business Analysts, Application Developers, and 3rd party Vendors in the installation and troubleshooting of various applications provided.
- Implement, update, and maintain enterprise level configuration management products.
- Validates deployment plans for compliance within existing performance limitations of the current enterprise servers and systems.
- Creates documentation of new and existing system and server configurations and procedural information, and ensures system and server configurations documentation is complete and accurate.
- Supports HR, Financial, and Business Application vendors when appropriate.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages as it pertains to new and existing HR, Financial, and other Applications immediately to the appropriate teams.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
What Do We Offer?
- Career with Impact
- Highly Competitive Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Industry leading 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Ten (10) or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten (10) sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10140