Employee Relations Specialist
We are hiring an Employee Relations Specialist to join our Human Resources Team! As an Employee Relations Specialist, you will be responsible for the development and administration of the employee relations program and employee advocacy. A typical day could include conducting workplace investigations, developing proactive training programs, fostering relationships across the ministry, and analyzing turnover trends in order to increase employee retention. Are you interested in utilizing your God-given gifts and skills to steward staff well and have a kingdom impact? If so, we invite you to apply today!
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact, come serve with us!
**This position is based in Boone, NC. We are unable to accommodate for remote work.**
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Serve as a liaison between the employer and employee to manage and resolve employee relations matters.
- Receive and effectively handle employee complaints and policy violations. Record performance and disciplinary issues working with managers and supervisors.
- Consult with HR leadership and department management to determine and implement a plan of action to include disciplinary or legal action when necessary, and resolving conflict in the workplace.
- Investigate harassment, discrimination, hostile work environment, and other complaints of non-acceptable actions and behaviors.
- Manage and partner with supervisors to counsel staff on performance and/or conduct issues to include termination discussions.
- Research and analyze data pertaining to Human Resources and proactively implement programs to increase employee satisfaction.
- Develop and provide training on employee relation topics.
- Coach managers to motivate and encourage their staff.
- Monitor turnover rates to determine and analyze departmental trends. Report trends in an effort to proactively address and resolve ongoing issues.
- Support the Director, Staff Care & Development with various projects, reports, and studies.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resource management or related field and three (3) to five (5) years of experience at a management or senior administrative level with emphasis on employee relations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies, strongly preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Knowledgeable of employment law, required.
- Ability and confidence to make strategic decisions while navigating ambiguity; must have a high level of discernment.
- Strong presentation skills with experience developing trainings and presenting.
- Results oriented with strong customer-service and professional attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure while working with minimal direction; must have a high level of adaptability to changing demands.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills; ability to proactively identify and provide solutions to complex employee relations issues.
- High degree of diplomacy and discretion handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Initiative driver and desire to improve processes, technology, and productivity.
- Ability to skillfully influence without authority.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and collaboration skills; high attention to details.
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)