Emergency Response Procurement and Logistics Coordinator, South Sudan
We are hiring a Procurement and Logistics Coordinator - Emergency Response for our field office in Juba, South Sudan! As the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator - Emergency Response, you will work in conjunction with the Operations Team to develop, plan, implement, and organize procurement and logistics’ systems and procedures as well as billing and documentation corresponding with the Emergency Relief supply chain. You will be responsible for overseeing the exemption process for international orders and maintaining good working relationships with appropriate government officials involved.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Design, implement, and maintain an effective system of procurement, transportation, and storage of all project and office relief as well as support materials and commodities.
- Develop an accurate procurement and logistics plan based on program needs and deadlines. Continuously monitor and maintain the plan to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Facilitate international procurement and logistics in compliance with all South Sudan government regulations. Coordinating exemption processing, pre-inspections, and freight forwarding as needed.
- Monitor road access and security status throughout South Sudan to ensure safe and timely logistics of supplies being transported by road.
- Work in coordination with Flights and Transportation Coordinator for logistical needs of getting supplies to the field timely.
- Maintain an effective supplier vetting system to ensure high standards from our suppliers and reduce corruption.
- Assist with facilitating payment of suppliers by tracking procurement to evaluate when payment is due as well as complete finance forms and gather necessary approvals for payment as needed.
- Ensure accurate Asset Inventory System is maintained throughout the year. Work to establish and keep track of Samaritan’s Purse’s assets and liabilities.
- Maintain open and clear communication and delegate tasks appropriately to staff to verify quality work and facilitate timely work completion.
- Establish and maintain a harmonious working environment by introducing capacity building trainings to strengthen and encourage staff to foster staff development and empowerment.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 3+ years related experience in Logistics and/or Procurement.
- Experience managing staff.
- Experience working with Food Assistance, Agricultural programs, and/or community-based programming in Africa (preferred).
- Ability to network and build relationships with government, civil society, and community partners.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and supervisory skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong mathematical, analytical, and reasoning abilities. Knowledge of Access or other relational database systems beneficial.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Any level of Arabic beneficial.
- Strong English language writing and oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines. Ability to speak effectively before large groups and key partners.
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11377