Emergency Food Assistance Technical Advisor, South Sudan
Are you an experienced food assistance professional with a heart for the hurting? As an Emergency Food Assistance Technical Advisor in South Sudan, you will be given the opportunity to provide expertise and oversight to the organization’s emergency food assistance activities in South Sudan. For an opportunity to serve a struggling population in a tangible way, put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Provides technical leadership and advice related to the Food Assistance Program.
- Identifies, analyzes, and reports on humanitarian needs, providing detailed recommendations for intervention.
- Prepares work plans, and coordinates food/non-food-item distributions in multiple locations.
- Actively engages with program stakeholders, including local leaders, beneficiaries, and other government authorities.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of reports submitted to stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the Emergency Relief Manager (ERM), Deputy ERM, Finance Manager, Program Development Officers, and other technical advisors regarding design and budget for the Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- Ensures program’s compliance with sector standards by improving processes and procedures for storage, management, and transfer of food and non-food-items.
- Reviews and adapts Emergency Food Assistance strategies in order to meet the changing context by maintaining effective program feedback mechanisms.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Three (3) years’ experience with Food Assistance Program Management and/or other beneficiary assistance modalities preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the perspectives, requirements, and standards of major humanitarian donors.
- Experience in coordination with other international humanitarian organizations and UN agencies operating in complex emergencies.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Team management experience.
- Experience working and living overseas, particularly in austere and/or remote environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Fluent spoken and written English required; Arabic language proficiency desirable.
- Possesses strong interpersonal communication skills, preferably with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- High degree of flexibility; willing to travel in and out of field.
12 month contract with potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9968