Economic Recovery Program Manager
Hurricane Maria left the island of Dominica devastated. Samaritan’s Purse is currently providing clean water and shelters to islanders recovering from the aftermath of this natural disaster. Click here to discover more about our work on the island! Help demonstrate the love of Christ in a tangible way by serving as an Economic Recovery Program Manager in Dominica!
As an Economic Recovery Program Manager, you will be given the opportunity to oversee and implement all activities, such as the design, execution, assessment, monitoring and evaluation, and internal reporting of the Dominican fisheries restoration program. The work involves building strong relationships with the Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries Division, local association representatives, and sectoral agencies.
*Unable to accommodate family or spouse
- Provide overall technical and programmatic management of the Emergency Support for Fisheries program.
- Understand the Minimum Economic Recovery Standards (MERS) and how to implement this into program activities.
- Liaise with the Fisheries Division at the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries and local fishery associations in all programming phases of planning, design, implementation, assessment, and exit.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse at cluster coordination meetings and other sectoral working groups.
- Determine appropriate response plans and methodologies, ensuring that the needs of vulnerable populations are taken into account.
- Monitor program progress and adjust strategies of intervention against program objectives.
- Provide technical advice on local and/or regional procurement of commodities.
- Maintain accurate records with the ability to provide regular progress updates, and reports on budgeting, procurement and distribution to the Area Coordinator, Country Director, donors and key stakeholders, when required.
- Participate in daily morning devotions and in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in Agriculture, Fisheries, Fisheries Management, Fishery Development or a related field of study.
- Minimum of at least two-years experience in project management.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Strong networking, leadership, and management skills.
- Knowledge of electrical compatibility specifications.
- Knowledge of USAID/OFDA regulations desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Willingness to travel in difficult terrain for work.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience working and living overseas preferred, with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Please submit a detailed résumé and cover letter explaining how your experience relates to this position. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)