Ebola Response Specialist
Are you an experienced health program management professional with a passion to serve those who are hurting? Samaritan's Purse is looking for a driven and self-motivated professional to serve as an Ebola Response Specialist to support our efforts in responding to the needs of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, and elsewhere. The person suited for this role should have a background in health program management and technical experience as relates it to Ebola or other Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers (VHF).
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Join our team today!
This is a 6 month position.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Serve as the main technical support person for VHF focused programming.
- Act as the technical point of contact for all VHF programming and response.
- Lead VHF focused training events for international responders and field office staff.
- Serve as surge capacity for any future VHF related program needs.
- Monitor progression of Ebola outbreak operations, strategies, and epidemic trends.
- Work with staffing coordinators to ensure the Ebola Treatment Center (ETC) is equipped with qualified staff.
- Serve as the point of contact to the CDC and state and local health departments to notify of incoming travelers from the Ebola outbreak region.
- Serve and the point of contact for returning staff to track temperature and symptoms during their 21 days of self-monitoring.
- Support all program managers in our field offices with technical and programmatic capacity, as needed.
- Timely submission of reports: narrative and numerical.
- Proposal development and revision while working in coordination with all field staff for ongoing grants related to VHF Program close-out post-handover of the ETC and other VHF related programs.
- Support the Program Managers on the field to monitor and manage activities.
- Attend weekly global outbreak calls and liaise with World Health Organization (WHO) on program updates.
- Liaise with OFDA on grant updates and questions.
- Liaise with the Awards Management Team and the field on OFDA specific requirements.
We ask that you bring:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Master’s degree in Public Health (M.P.H.) or advanced degree in infectious disease or related field is preferred.
- Experience in health program management is preferred.
- Prior Ebola and/or VHF experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with OFDA/USAID funding is ideal.
- Career with impact!
- Daily staff devotions
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10007