Domestic Operations Manager, Operation Christmas Child Domestic
Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse, is spreading the Good News across the globe in over 100 countries through a simple shoebox gift. You could be part of this life changing ministry program. We’re searching for a Domestic Operations Manager to join our team in Boone, NC. This could be your opportunity to have a career with purpose and impact! If you have the ability to be adaptable to ever-changing demands, can build relationships, manage and organize multiple sites, work with vendors, and make strategic decisions, please apply!
The Domestic Operations Manager would be responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating all operational aspects of Operation Christmas Child domestically. This includes the development of all systems, procedures, and training related to the processing of all shoebox gifts. The main focus will be placed on quality of shoe boxes, innovation and process improvement as technology changes and the ministry grows.
- Manage Operation Christmas Child Operations staff including the management of all operational focused initiatives to insure the all shoebox gifts are processed with integrity and within ministry standards.
- Locate, design, coordinate, and manage all Processing Center locations; assist with the identification of potential Processing Center locations while assessing all operational requirements including security, applicable permits, insurance, etc.
- Create an engaging volunteer experience for the some 80,000 volunteers who visit the Processing Center’s annually. This includes any interaction that the volunteer’s interface with the ministry from online registration through all aspects of on-site processing.
- Oversee the recruitment, assignment and training of Processing Center Management staff, developing staffing projection and plans for Processing Centers, initiating requests for proposals and bids for Staffing Agencies where appropriate and working with Human Resources as it relates to Samaritan’s Purse permanent facilities.
- Develop training modules and procedure manuals, relevant videos and check lists for Processing Center operations including: warehouse operations, training, reporting, volunteer staffing, financial requirements and audit compliance.
- Manage the development of all technology needs related to shoebox processing. This includes the Volunteer Management System development and any enhancements.
- Manage the Operations Budget which includes staffing (full time and seasonal) expenses, consumables, leases, equipment, rentals, other expenses related with processing. This includes managing the negotiations for major purchases and contracts relating to Operation Christmas Child, supplies, equipment and temporary staffing and security while insuring compliance with respective Samaritan's Purse departments.
- Lead Processing Center Managers during the peak season, as well as oversee the management of all Processing Centers.
- Work closely with Operation Christmas Child Operations and Logistics (Domestic and International) to manage processes related to the receiving, loading and shipping of shoeboxes to and from all Processing Centers.
- Work closely with multiple departments within the ministry.
- Directly supervises 6-8 regular employees, 16-18 other year-round staff during peak season, and up to 200 seasonal employees in the field. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; five or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Travel is required for this position. It includes, but is not limited to, frequent travel to advance ministry through nationally based relationships throughout the US, frequent Operation Christmas Child ministry events, two national coordination meetings, as needed distribution trips and in some cases to serve a multi-week assignment at processing center city for the processing season.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to ever-changing demands and multi-task.
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), and networking skills.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)