Director of Aircraft Maintenance-Liberia
Samaritan's Purse is looking for a Director of Maintenance to serve full time with its Liberia Aviation team. We currently operate the following aircraft types from our base in Monrovia, Liberia: Cessna 208 and Bell 206.
We desire a person who feels God leading them to use their gifts, skills, and abilities in Aviation to reach hurting people in remote parts of the world with the love and gospel of Jesus Christ. Days begin early and sometimes end late, whether it be launching an aircraft, assisting with cargo loading, or fulfilling our primary task of maintaining aircraft - pursuing technical excellence to the Glory of God. We are a small team with diverse backgrounds but we thrive when working together to accomplish shared goals. If this sounds like an opportunity where you would find fulfillment, please apply.
What you will be doing:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspection and maintenance on aircraft so that they are available for dispatch as scheduled.
- Perform engineering duties in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Ensure continued airworthiness of the aircraft to standards that meet or exceed FAA requirements.
- Ensure the aircraft are clean and neat.
- Ensure the aircraft records are current and complete.
- Maintain the equipment and facilities for the aircraft.
- Oversee the spare parts inventory and maintain stock at appropriate levels.
- Ship and track parts sent for repair or overhaul.
- Willing to occasionally extend work hours to return an aircraft to service.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Work interdependently in a team environment.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred but not required.
- Maintain FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate and Inspection Authorization Certificate.
- Ability to read technical manuals and regulatory documents in the English language.
- 2 years of commercial/for profit aviation experience desired.
- Technical records and/or inventory management experience.
- 2 years of living and/or working overseas, preferred.
- Management/leadership experience, preferred.
- Experience with Cessna 208 and/or Bell 206 airframes preferred.
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Full-time, salaried position with full benefit package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/sick leave/home leave
This position is able to accommodate a family.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11219