Director, Global Safeguarding
We are searching for a Director, Global Safeguarding. This position is responsible for Samaritan’s Purse coordinated global program to protect children and vulnerable adults from exploitation and abuse as well as workplace sexual harassment. Working globally across all Samaritan’s Purse locations, the Director will foster a work environment that minimizes the potential for abuse, exploitation of children and vulnerable adults, and workplace sexual harassment.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
Are you an experienced child protection professional with experience in developing systems and policy? If you can describe yourself as an influencer others with significant experience in protection and safeguarding, and you have a solid understanding of all areas of safeguarding including children, vulnerable adults, harassment, discrimination, abuse and bullying, we would encourage you to apply.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Partner domestically and internationally, across operational and functional teams, including Human Resources, Legal, and other key partners to develop and implement an enhanced and comprehensive.
- Conduct reviews and assessments of global operations to determine key risk areas, including cultural and safety considerations and work with leadership to identify program specific issues and methods to manage and mitigate risks.
- Ensure Samaritan’s Purse has appropriate reporting mechanisms and coordinate with the investigation team on any recommended enhancements to the reporting system provided in Samaritan’s Purse’s Whistle blower Policy.
- Provide training and advice to SP investigators, HR, Legal, and other staff conducting investigations into alleged abuse, exploitation, and workplace sexual harassment to develop capacity within SP to effectively review and address such alleged misconduct.
- Liaise with internal leadership and investigators to incorporate investigation lessons learned into program enhancements, as appropriate.
- Conduct bench marking with similar organizations and participate in industry round tables on safeguarding issues to ensure that SP’s program incorporates current and best practices for the protection of children and vulnerable adults and prevention of workplace sexual harassment.
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours of outside (non-SP) safeguarding training and 40 hours of workplace sexual harassment training on an annual basis.
We ask that you bring:
- Experience with beneficiary protection from abuse and exploitation in development and humanitarian contexts and knowledge of international protection frameworks and mechanisms
- Experience working with vulnerable children and adults
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments, often in very challenging situations
- Capacity building and change management skill set
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with competency on the development and delivery of training
- Investigations experience with sexual abuse and exploitation and workplace sexual harassment
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university required in relevant field, such as Masters in Social Work (MSW) or related field experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience with international non-profit(s) in humanitarian and development settings. Nonprofit program management skills preferred.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please make sure to include a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are qualified for this position specifically. We look forward to speaking to you!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10434