Director, Global Investigations
We are searching for a Director, Global Investigations. This position is responsible for building out the Global Investigations function for Samaritan’s Purse. This includes collaborating with internal teams, developing policies, managing resources, defining a strategy, and training and organizing a team of investigators to fulfill the goals of the team. This role has global impact and visibility, and will sit on the leadership team for the International Compliance Officer. This position requires experience in developing and implementing comprehensive training. Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
Do you thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment? Do you find solutions to challenging problems? We are searching for an influencer that is able to navigate in a fast-moving, matrixed organization. As you read through the following description, if you are thinking, "This sounds like me!", then we encourage you to apply!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Conduct and supervise sensitive investigations related to allegations of exploitation, abuse, and workplace sexual harassment.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and address gaps or concerns identified during the investigative process.
- Coordinate with external investigative entities when appropriate.
- Set and maintain the highest standards of integrity.
- Maintain strong relationships and effective communication across all business operations.
- Partner domestically and internationally, across operational and functional teams including Human Resources, Legal, and other key business units to develop and implement enhanced and comprehensive training and awareness campaigns.
- Work with Samaritan’s Purse leadership to build investigation capacity for allegations of exploitation, abuse, and workplace sexual harassment.
- Ensure that key takeaways and remediation are incorporated for program effectiveness following assessment, review, and investigation.
- Conduct reviews and assessments of investigation response and remediation areas, including cultural and safety considerations. Work with leadership to identify program specific issues and methods to manage and mitigate risks.
- Continue development of beneficiary and staff reporting mechanisms, ensuring Samaritan’s Purse has appropriate reporting mechanisms in place. Coordinate with the investigation team to make recommended enhancements to the reporting system outlined in Samaritan’s Purse’s Whistle-blower Policy.
- Conduct bench marking with similar organizations and participate in industry round tables.
- Provide reports and briefings to senior leadership regarding priority investigations, trends, and success metrics.
- Complete a UN Sanctioned SEA Investigator training course.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
We ask that you bring: (These items should be identifiable on your resume)
Extensive experience developing and implementing comprehensive training
Demonstrated experience managing investigations and teams with an international scope
- Blended background of training and Law enforcement experience
- Attention to detail in both written and oral communication
- Experience working with vulnerable children and adults
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments, often in very challenging situations
- Capacity building and change management skill set
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with competency on the development and delivery of training
- Investigations experience with sexual abuse and exploitation or workplace sexual harassment
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university required in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience
12+ years’ experience overseeing and leading complex investigations
Experience with international non-profit(s) in humanitarian management skills preferred
Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please make sure to include a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are qualified for this position specifically. We look forward to speaking to you!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)