Digital Media Manager
Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 100 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Our desire is to continue to grow this exciting, life changing ministry so more children around the world are impacted by the Gospel.
We currently have an opportunity to join our operations team as a Digital Media Manager. Are you a social media expert, with innovative experience and fresh ideas in an ever-changing environment? This qualified individual will be responsible for managing Operation Christmas Child (OCC) social media channels to generate ministry support through donations, shoebox gifts, funding for The Greatest Journey, as well as, overall brand awareness. This position requires 6-8 years’ experience in cutting edge, social media strategy and engagement. Don’t miss this opportunity to serve!
This opportunity allows you to:
- Manage the Operation Christmas Child marketing strategy across all current and future social media channels.
- Research, plan, and implement social media strategies to achieve ministry goals and initiatives.
- Lead the national social media advertising strategy with expert analysis and insight
- Ensure advertising methods result in highest possible return on investment.
- Create social media campaigns to support various initiatives within Operation Christmas Child, working cross-departmentally with Samaritan’s Purse Communications Department and President’s Office staff.
- Develop innovative and compelling social media content.
- Serve as the primary social media spokesperson for Operation Christmas Child, using language consistent with ministry standards.
- Manage, develop, and analyze Operation Christmas Child ministry effort through online groups including the Project Leader Facebook Group and future volunteer groups.
- Manage Social Media Insiders and Connect volunteer area team social media training and policies.
- Provide annual training materials and volunteer resources for use on social media.
- Provide social media strategy recommendations for various domestic teams within Operation Christmas Child including Student Relations, Prayer, Community Relations, Church Relations, Diverse Markets, Media Relations, Logistics, Operations, and Volunteer Relations.
- Support affiliate offices with Operation Christmas Child social media strategy and training.
- Consult with Legal Department on campaigns and promotions. Work to understand legal implications and adhere to laws governing social media practices and data usage.
- Regularly review, address, and remove fraud accounts.
- Provide strategic analysis on all social media efforts. Analyze weekly, monthly, and annual data sets for use in understanding user activity, trends, and improvements needed to achieve ministry goals.
- Stay current on latest trends, technologies, and tools related to social media. Research, monitor, and test social media trends and new platforms.
We ask that you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field, from a four-year college or university
- Six to eight years social media management experience.
- Extensive Facebook analytics and advertising experience required.
- Google Analytics knowledge required.
- Employee must maintain working knowledge of social media trends, tools, and resources.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies, strongly preferred.
You will receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9372