Digital Community Response Coordinator
We are hiring a Digital Community Response Coordinator to join our Operation Christmas Child Brand Development team. Are you a creative writing professional who is ready to utilize their talents and gifts to play a key role on our marketing team? All our team members get to participate in sharing the Hope of the Gospel to children through the ministry of Operation Christmas Child!
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
What you will be doing:
- Serve as a voice for Operation Christmas Child to volunteers, project leaders, donors, and prospective donors.
- Draft new communication and copy edit as assigned. Update correspondence training materials.
- Correspond with followers on Operation Christmas Child’s social media pages using the OCC Social Media Response Guide and Marketing Style Guidelines. Respond to questions/comments on OCC’s Facebook posts and wall.
- Work with Correspondence Marketing Manager to respond to email inquiries in a timely manner, following all Samaritan's Purse/Operation Christmas Child correspondence guidelines.
- Enter Correspondence in donor management database (Studio Enterprise).
- Monitor and report negative digital coverage of Operation Christmas Child.
- Support communications for incident management including summaries, message development, tracking, monitoring, notifications to impacted teams, coordinating meetings, follow up responses, and reporting.
- Update and maintain training materials on incident management protocol for staff and volunteers.
- Monitor trends through Correspondence and report regularly to Integrated Marketing team.
- Support Operation Christmas Child marketing goals and initiatives as assigned. Represent correspondence on strategic working groups.
- Support monitoring activity on the project’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, including searching hashtags and tagged posts.
- Record fan content posted on Operation Christmas Child’s social media pages into a working database that include quotes, photos and ideas posted onto the page.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Operation Christmas Child activities.
- Complete all required reports and participate in all staff meetings as required. Respond to seasonal needs, special assignments, and promotional campaigns.
- Support other Operation Christmas Child teams at events or conferences as needed.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Four year college or university program degree in Communications or Public Relations, and three (3) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical proficiency with computer systems, Excel, Word, Outlook, and social media platforms
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly solve problems as they occur
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with business partners in a positive, uplifting manner
** Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume.
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)