DevOps Engineer (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Site-Reliability Engineer (Log & Monitoring) to join our internal Cloud Build Team! This is a critical role, primarily responsible for Cloud monitoring, logging and alerting technologies such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana, Syslog, Graphite, or Prometheus used to optimize performance and improve stability and scalability of mission critical infrastructure. This work is being completed utilizing the DevOps model for development. Currently this Cloud build and Implementation, stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Preferably 3+ years of DevOps, Infrastructure, or Site Reliability Engineering experience.
- Experience utilizing either the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) or similiar tools such as Grafana, Syslog, Graphite, Prometheus, CollectD, or FluentD.
- Very comfortable functioning at the Linux OS administration level.
- Develops and improves automation of deployments and support for critical systems to provide reliable infrastructure for global operations.
- Preferred exposure to DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible, or similar solutions.
- Help to design, implement, maintain, and utilize systems for our cloud platform with a strong focus on monitoring, alerting, forecasting, troubleshooting, and automated mitigation.
- Automate manual and repetitive tasks Integrate the solutions with the existing platforms using various methods.
- Experience coding utilizing Bash, Python, or similar.
- Preferred exposure to containerization platforms such as Docker or Kubernetes,.
- Preferred exposure to Cloud and/or HCI infrastructure platforms such as VMware, AWS, OpenStack, or similar.
- Desired experience with enterprise queuing systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar.
- Gather requirements and design systems to meet project goals.
- Create, maintain, and troubleshoot self-remediation and feedback loops.
- Work alongside other cloud team members to ensure that all systems are fully functional and secure at all times.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Great work/life balance
- Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Competitive vacation and time off benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11473-1