Data Privacy Specialist
At Samaritan’s Purse, we have a desire to steward all that the Lord has blessed us with to the best of our ability! As the world continues to become more and more digital, there is an increased need to ensure the protection of an individual’s private information and data. We have an exciting opening for a Data Privacy Specialist to join the team at our International Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina! While this position officially sits within our Legal department, it will have the chance to work closely with our designated Data Privacy Officer (DPO) and key leadership throughout the ministry to complete various projects including but not limited to conducting data inventory, maintaining our data privacy database, writing data privacy handbooks, and assisting with the implementation of data privacy best practices at Samaritan’s Purse, both here in the United States and around the world.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
What you will be doing:
- Map, evaluate, and record Samaritan’s Purse’s data processing activities through data flows/data inventory.
- Recommend process improvements to optimize efficiencies and increase compliance efforts.
- Identify, measure, and report on key performance metrics that demonstrate effectiveness of the privacy program.
- Develop data privacy manuals and handbooks.
- Assist with implementation of privacy technology tools to improve privacy maturity and build scalable processes.
- Work with cross-functional ministry departments to ensure that privacy by design is implemented with each project involving personal data.
- Lead or assist in privacy project planning.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and three (3) years of experience in data privacy and compliance within Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CIPP/US/E, CIPM, CIPT certifications or other privacy/compliance -related certifications strongly preferred.
- Prior knowledge of key domestic and international data privacy principles and legislation (HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of emerging data privacy technologies and concepts.
- Expertise in communicating complex privacy matters to a wide audience with clarity; training experience is a plus.
- Ability to think critically, quickly, and creatively to develop business solutions that work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and without direct supervision
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams across the organization.
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)