COVID-19 Preparedness Program Manager, South Sudan
We are hiring a COVID-19 Preparedness Program Manager in Juba, South Sudan! As the COVID-19 Preparedness Program Manager, you will provide management of all Samaritan’s Purse health programs for COVID-19 activities in Juba or Maban County Upper Nile State. You will be responsible for management of the COVID-19 activities, developing new program concepts, grant management, and coordinating emergency response health interventions as needed.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position.
6-month position due to OFDA COVID-19 Award.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Manage the COVID-19 activities, develop new program concepts, grant management, and coordinate emergency response health interventions.
- Initiate and coordinate COVID-19 program development including writing new project proposals, facilitating the expansion or improvement of current services, and engaging with donors, National Task Force, and other partner organizations.
- Manage internal and external grant budgets for Samaritan’s Purse COVID-19 programs in Juba or Maban Hospital.
- Establish well-functioning administrative systems and supervision at the Isolation Facility in Maban.
- Liaise and coordinate with government representatives, State Ministry of Health, NGO staff, donors, and partners regarding the advancement of Samaritan’s Purse COVID-19 programs in Juba and Maban.
- Build capacity of Samaritan’s Purse Isolation Staff through on-the-job trainings and supportive supervisions. Ensure that our training of trainers for health facilities in Juba is being carried out in a timely and effective way.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of the program through quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Assist the facilities in improving data quality and utilization of data to improve services at facility level.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Registered Nurse or Health Professional with a Master’s in Public Health or Health Program Management.
- 3+ years related experience in Program Management in Health & Infectious disease in developing countries.
- Significant experience in health programming and coordination in developing countries and in difficult environments.
- Knowledge and adherence to MoH or WHO guidelines for health care management in South Sudan.
- Experience in coordination with other international humanitarian organizations and UN agencies operating in complex emergencies.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, health reporting, conducting assessments, and proposal writing.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, adaptability, and management skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong analytical, problem solving, and reasoning abilities.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Any level of Arabic beneficial.
- Strong English language writing and oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines. Ability to speak effectively before large groups and key partners.
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11419