Country Director - Bolivia
The Country Director (CD) is responsible to provide overall vision, management and leadership to Samaritan's Purse activities in Bolivia. Management responsibilities include staff development, government and donor relations, program design and implementation, reporting, budget management, daily field operations and staff support. This position is located in the Samaritan’s Purse La Paz, Bolivia field office.
- Create and cast the vision and strategy for Samaritan’s Purse in Bolivia.
- Provide professional representation for Samaritan’s Purse with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Serve as director, executive administrator, and primary contact for country field projects.
- Ensure appropriate supervision, support and direction for the effective engagement of all expatriate and national staff in their various assignments.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Provide job descriptions for expatriate staff and make hiring / firing recommendations to Regional Director and Field Staff Coordinator.
- Maintain profiles on all field staff, including emergency contact numbers and copies of passports and visas, performance reviews and exit interviews.
- Conduct field assessments, identify needs, design and implement response plans, including project budgets and writing funding proposals.
- Develop new programs, identifying and pursuing potential funding and other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned Samaritan’s Purse projects.
- Implement programs within the organizational guidelines of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Monitor program effectiveness and financial accountability, and evaluate ongoing and new activities.
- Ensure proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
- Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the Regional Director.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep Samaritan’s Purse headquarters informed of events, including crisis response options.
- Participate in emergency response and first insertion teams as needed.
- Ensure that stories and photographs are sent to the Regional Director on a regular basis to share with the Communications Department.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive international humanitarian experience in a management role with ability to lead large cross cultural teams.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Spanish required.
- Ability to speak, read and/or write one or all of the following is beneficial: Quechua, Aymara.
- Effective organizational, communication (written and verbal), and networking skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Financial management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
*This position is able to accommodate a family.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9016-1