Cook - Rebuild
Samaritan's Purse mobilizes staff and equipment and enlists thousands of volunteers to provide emergency aid to victims of tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and other natural disasters in the United States. Isaiah 25:4 says, "For you have been a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an exciting opportunity for a Cook to join our Rebuild team to prepare daily meals for staff and 20-30 volunteers at the Samaritan's Purse rebuild base camp.
Christian Purpose and Expectations:
All employees will proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through their employment to further Samaritan’s Purse mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Prepare menu, orders, purchases, and maintains food to serve the staff and volunteers.
- Give all receipts to Office Manager for reporting as well as each week’s completed time sheet.
- Maintain the kitchen and equipment in a clean manner.
- Prepare breakfast and dinner each day at set times and provides items for the volunteers to prepare a bag lunch each morning before going out to work.
- In charge of cleanliness of kitchen and dining hall.
- In case of emergency, follows protocol which will be established by the Volunteer / Logistics Coordinator and Construction Manager.
- Is familiar with all Samaritan's Purse staff members. Greets all staff and visitors where practical, and utilizes volunteers to assist as needed in the kitchen.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous food preparation and ability to provide meals to groups of 20-30 people.
Location: Horry County, SC
Full-time position with benefit package:
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term-Life Insurance
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)