Construction Program Manager, Iraq
We are hiring a Construction Program Manager in Iraq! As the Construction Program Manager, you will provide oversight and management for the construction of a site meant for the long-term resettlement of Yazidi families. You will be responsible for quality control, implementation of appropriate construction standards and practices, managing the construction staff, maintaining inventory, ensuring necessary equipment is maintained, developing relationships with the local church communities, report writing, and assisting in logistics to sites.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Open-ended contract for a 6-month project with the potential for longer.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Responsible for the construction management of the Yazidi Empowerment Project. Report to and consult with the Director, Yazidi Empowerment Project. Works with the logistics team to oversee procurement of all equipment and supplies. Oversees and directs contractors and construction crew.
- Keep contractors and construction crews on a scheduled timetable.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality control of construction sites. Implement appropriate building standards and practices.
- Act as a logistical support between base and building site.
- Act as a communication liaison between the construction crews, local community, and the supply base.
- Oversee all aspects of ongoing programs: work directly with the program managers to address programmatic challenges.
- Adjust implementation strategies as necessary for successful program outputs.
- Supervise program managers in the day-to-day implementation of their programs, focusing on ensuring that operational procedures are efficiently supporting the implementation of program objectives.
- Ensure operational aspects of programming are functional and that accountable/efficient systems are in place. Approve all purchase requests and procurement packages.
- Ensure operational and support processes are in compliance with government law and SP FOG and policies, as well as legal and cultural requirements.
- May provide supplementary representation of Samaritan’s Purse at meetings with government, donor, and civil society partners; actively and strategically engaging with stakeholders to increase support and publicity for Samaritan’s Purse programming.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Civil Engineering or related field of study.
- 4+ years of construction and construction management related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education (Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering) and experience.
- Construction Management experience. Prior experience managing a construction project in the developing world (preferred).
- Experience working with contractors and around construction sites.
- Experience managing a team of staff.
- Experience working and living overseas (preferred), with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong planning, organizational, communication, relational, and negotiating skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure, and the ability to operate independently.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English language writing and oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Language: Arabic skills (preferred).
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11617