Construction Foreman - Panama City Rebuild
Samaritan's Purse mobilizes staff and equipment and enlists thousands of volunteers to provide emergency aid to victims of tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and other natural disasters in the United States. We often stay behind after our initial response to rebuild or restore houses for needy families. We are currently beginning a Rebuild program in Panama City, Florida in response to the devastation from Hurricane Michael. If you have residential construction skills, consider putting those talents to work as a Construction Foreman! This role will oversee and direct designated team/assignment to ensure adequate supplies and manpower are in place to accomplish assigned project. The employee will be a skilled builder and will be involved in directing both skilled and non-skilled volunteers in all levels of the construction project and should be knowledgeable in all aspects of construction.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Work jointly with the Project Superintendent, the Volunteer and Logistics Coordinators to construct homes in the affected area.
- Work with on-site volunteer teams, being present at all times; assist team members to educate and oversee their work and ensure they understand their role and are fully equipped to work efficiently and help lead the construction teams.
- Ensure quality of each project is maintained to the highest possible standard and keep each project within the approved budget by closely monitoring expenses.
- Provide safety training and general project training for team members at the job site and ensure all work is done with safe manner.
- Maintain security of all materials and equipment at job sites.
- Ensure quality and adherence of Samaritan’s Purse policies from hired subcontractors.
- Start and end each day on the worksite in prayer with the volunteer team assigned to your site.
- Inspect all jobs, ensuring all work is in accordance with federal, state and local laws and codes.
- Communicate and minister to volunteers and partners, keeping them informed of the team's work and projected needs.
- Review paperwork with the Volunteer and Logistics Coordinators and the Project Superintendent.
- Complete and submit reports for any injuries occurring at the job sites.
- Maintain strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and general public.
Directly supervise staff and 5-10 volunteers on a daily basis. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems and ensuring quality control of the construction project which they are assigned.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of residential home construction, from layout and foundation work to final inspection.
- Must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All construction courses and training and or on the job training will be reviewed, i.e. electrical, plumbing, roofing, framing and finish carpentry.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a drivers medical card is required.
- Proficiency in computer software programs.
- Knowledge in budget and expense management.
- Expertise in written and verbal communication.
Location: Panama City, FL
Full-Time Position w/Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid time off, including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)