Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (Ceph Storage)
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible new opportunity for an experienced Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (Ceph Storage) to join our internal Cloud infrastructure team! This brand new long term private Cloud build and Implementation, stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. This Cloud Site Reliability Engineer will be a part of a small, incredibly driven and intelligent internal Cloud team, and will be given a great sphere of influence having to make mission critical decisions that will impact a large portion of the Cloud Infrastructure. Due to the use of numerous cutting edge Open Source tools, the ideal candidate would be a very forward-leaning Engineer with a background in Systems, Software, or Storage Engineering with a passion to learn the newest Cloud technologies, and apply Industry Leading practices. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with a lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Preferably 3+ years of blended working experience in the technical areas of Storage, Systems, and/or Software Engineering within a Linux, RHEL/RHEV/CentOS.
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies, and preferred exposure to Scrum and/or Waterfall for task planning and execution.
- Participate in System Design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Experience utilizing NetAPP, or other Data Operating Systems (DOS).
- Exposure to Ceph, OpenStack (or similar tool) for Virtual Cloud Storage, replicating data, fault-tolerance, and providing scalable virtual data Cloud solutions.
- Utilizing OpenStack Swift for Cloud object storage and unstructured Scalable Data Sets.
- Experience working in a Cloud Storage or Datacenter environment including AWS, AWS EC2, AWS S3, OpenStack, or other current Cloud storage platforms.
- Experience with block, filesystem and object storage systems.
- Maintaining existing Storage running on Virtual Machines (VM's), and Hypervisors (Hyper-V's).
- Experience with block, filesystem and object storage systems.
- Preferred exposure to Gluster, GlusterFS, or Red Hat Gluster Storage as a tool for private Cloud storage.
- Experience or exposure to any of the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstach, Kibana) stack for log analysis.
- Experience utilizing SQL, Bash/Unix Shell Scripting, or Python for automating redundant daily tasks.
- Experience utilizing HP OpenView for Storage management.
- Experience utilizing monitoring tools such Nagios (preferably Open Source tool iCinga)
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and Release Management.
- Experience setting up Virtual Storage, and converting Physical Storage components to Virtual Storage through an array of tools.
- Preferred experience completing logging with iCinga or similar logging tools.
- Utilizing Cloud object storage open-source tool OpenStack Swift for storing unstructured Scalable Data Sets.
- Utilize existing Data monitoring tools, and creating new monitoring processes or systems to ensure Data and Hardware components are running and secured.
- Gather Storage and relevant System requirements and work to Design Storage and Data processes and systems to meet project goals.
- Determine root causes for failures, work to correct, document, and escalate issues when necessary.
- Troubleshoot and correct Storage and/or Network Data issues as they relate to supported systems.
- Work with the other Cloud teams to ensure that all relevant Storage systems are fully functional and secure at all times.
- Preferred exposure to Git, Jenkins, and configuration and automation tools in conjunction with the Software Development team.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Ability to read highly technical Storage and Datacenter articles, and literature pertaining to new technologies and Open Source projects.
- Helpful Certifications: CCNP Data Center, NCDA, EMCSA, EMCISA, EMCDCA
- Provide cost analysis of implementing new Storage or Infrastructure tools, or changes to current Storage Systems.
- Create and maintains relationships with Storage technology and Hardware vendors.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with Samaritan’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Ten (10) or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten (10) sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9238