Network Infrastructure Engineer (ISP, Cisco, Arista)
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Cloud Network Engineer/Architect to join our internal Cloud team! This long term Cloud build and Implementation, stands at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. This Engineer would be apart of our Data Center multi-site work, and we are looking for someone exceedingly proficient in various Networking Technologies. Also, will lead the design, deployment and optimization of our existing Cloud Network Infrastructure, ensuring high availability, reliability, performance and scalibility. Experience in a Data Center environment is a must, and an understanding of multiple network topologies and use cases (spine and leaf), Identity and Access Management (IAM), application and Network Security and monitoring is highly valued. There is a significant amount of responsibility in this role and includes helping set the course for our overall Data Center strategy, and to manage anticipated growth in both scale and Network types. Future design and implementation of edge caching systems is a likely next step for this endeavor. The ideal candidate would be a very forward-leaning Network Engineer with a passion to learn the newest Networking technologies and processes, and apply Industry Leading practices. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
* Preferably 3+ years of Network Engineering and/or Network Architecture experience.
* Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies, as well as Scrum/Waterfall (preferred).
* Experience with either AWS, AWS EC2, AWS S3, or other Cloud platforms.
* Experience in a Linux/Unix/CentOS Networking Environment
* Deep knowledge and proven experience with Network Protocols including: Cisco Switches/Routers, F5 Load Balancers, Firewalls, Underlays, and Overlays.
* Experience with Cisco IOS, and preferably Arista EOS.
* Experience with Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), Link Aggregation (MLAG), Border Gateway Firewalls (BGP), ISP’s, Identity and Access Management (IAM), White Box Switches, Virtual ARP (VARP), and IPv6 Subnetting.
* Understanding and preferred experience with both Open-Source and Commercial Products such as: Arista, Palo Alto, NetAPP, Icinga (Nagios), Git, Jenkins, and more.
* Preferred experience with Supermicro Servers.
* Extensive experience implementing, maintaining, automating, and monitoring existing Network Infrastructure.
* Providing Scalable Network Solutions for future Network Infrastructure changes in both size and scope.
* Understanding of physical network cabling, connections, secure communications, practical cryptography, denial of service (DOS) mitigation's, and other attacks that target Network traffic.
* Gather and interpret Network and Security requirements from the Development and Infrastructure teams.
* Work closely with the Network Cyber Security, Database, and Data Storage teams to achieve the mission of securing the new Cloud Network Infrastructure.
* Ability to read, analyze, and comprehend Network Technical Journals, Technical Procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
* Ability to effectively present Technical information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other non-technical employees.
* Comprehensive knowledge of physical network cabling, racks, connections, and servers.
* Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
* Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
* Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
* Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
* Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
* Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
* Helpful Certifications: CCNA, CCNA R&S, CCNP, VCP6-DCV, CCAr, CCIE, CCDE
* Provide cost analysis of implementing new Network Systems or changes to current Network Systems.
* Create and maintains relationships with Network technology and Hardware vendors.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8399