Chief of Party (OFDA/InterCAP), South Sudan
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a Chief of Party (OFDA/InterCAP) for our office in South Sudan. We have the opportunity to serve the people of South Sudan by bringing them physical aid, but most importantly, spiritual aid through sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
The Chief of Party for OFDA/InterCAP has overall responsibility for the management of all project activities and staff in the InterCAP program. The Chief of Party is charged with leading a professional team (providing back stop support and direction to all Program Managers participating in the project) in the accomplishment of the InterCAP objectives and sub-objectives.
Description of Job Duties:
- Direct and oversee the OFDA/InterCAP program within given budgets and project deadlines, ensuring that all program goals are met through proper planning, staffing, and implementation.
- Organize and direct the work of program staff, providing supervision, training, and performance appraisals.
- Ensure project activities comply with international and organizational standards, and meet USAID rules & regulations.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels, and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and to appropriate staff.
- Submit timely, accurate, and professional program reports that meet SP and donor requirements.
- Discuss plans and strategies with relevant stakeholders, including government authorities, UN agencies, other humanitarian actors and partners, to ensure proper understanding and coordination of project objectives.
- Make regular visits to project field sites, providing staff support, addressing programmatic challenges, and exploring future program possibilities.
- In collaboration with Deputy Country Director - Programs and Grants Manager, provide input on new project proposals and budgets.
- Discern, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Master's degree (M.A.) in Economics, International Development, Social Studies, or other relevant discipline, with a minimum of 2 years of international emergency response experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) from 4-year college or university in Economics, Development or Social Studies, with minimum of 6 to 8 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English; Arabic language skills are desirable, but not required.
- Previous experience working overseas, preferably in Africa.
- Field level management experience.
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities.
- Familiarity with multi-sector programming (WASH, nutrition, FSL), and ability to understand donor and governmental requirements.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in collaboration with the National M&E Manager and M&E Officers.
- Familiarly with the cluster system, have strong representation and coordination skills.
- Be a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Multi-million budget management experience.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure. May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, and to hot and humid weather conditions.
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11022