Chief of Party, Ethiopia
Serve with us in Ethiopia!
We are seeking a Chief of Party. As Chief of Party, you will have the opportunity to support vulnerable households in Gelana, West Guji, Ethiopia with health and shelter to aid sustainable, voluntary returns and increase resiliency. The program seeks to ensure that vulnerable returnee populations have the access to critical health and hygiene services they require, and will enable communities to conduct emergency repairs to their homes and provide capacity and support to ensure that repairs are completed to a high standard. Will you join us in reaching out to those in Ethiopia with the hope of Jesus Christ?
A day in the life of a Chief of Party:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and then we join together to pray for one another, our staff and volunteers serving around the globe.
In the role of Chief of Party, you will:
- Direct and oversee the program within given budgets and project deadlines, ensuring that all program goals are met through proper planning, staffing, and implementation.
- Directly guide, manage, and support project staff through assigning work packets, conducting performance reviews, resolving team conflicts, and providing trainings, ongoing direction and constructive feedback.
- Ensure all procurement, financial management, and project activities comply with international and organizational standards, and meet USAID rules & regulations.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels, and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and to appropriate staff.
- Submit timely, accurate, and professional program reports that meet SP and donor requirements. This includes procurement plans, budget planning, tracking financial expenditures, providing receipts, conducting PAR reviews, and ensuring the accuracy and timely submission of financial reports.
- Discuss plans and strategies with relevant stakeholders, including government authorities, UN agencies, other humanitarian actors and partners, to ensure proper understanding and coordination of project objectives.
- Make regular visits to project field sites, providing staff support, addressing programmatic challenges, and exploring future program possibilities.
- Discern, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) from a 4-year college or university in International Development or other relevant discipline, with 5-7 years of related international humanitarian work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree (M.A.) in International Development or other relevant discipline is preferred.
- Specific experience in shelter/engineering/construction or health will be considered a strong advantage.
- Fluent in English; competency in the local language is a plus.
- Previous experience working overseas, preferably in Africa.
- Field level management experience. Proven competence to manage staff cross-culturally.
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities across multiple sectors and technical specialties.
- Familiarity with multi-sector programming (especially Health or Shelter), and ability to understand and apply complex donor and governmental regulations and requirements.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- Familiarly with the cluster system, and possessing strong representation and coordination skills.
- Be a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure.
Job Location: Ethiopia
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1yr)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11621