CEO - ELWA Medical Center
Would you like to use your medical, health administration and management experience towards a greater purpose?
At Samaritan’s Purse, we are hiring for the for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide oversight and leadership to all healthcare related activities and outreach at the ELWA Hospital Center in Monrovia, Liberia.
The CEO will be directly responsible for all matters regarding healthcare related fiscal operations, building projects, international partners, and community outreach. He/she will work in collaboration with the hospital administrator to ensure all that come into contact with the hospital, clinics, dental office, and community outreach programs will receive holistic care; both spiritual and physical.
Join the team to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the people of Liberia. Isaiah 6:8 says "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’" Have a career with impact, serve with us!
Description of Job duties:
- Direct and support decisions that maximize the sustainability and quality of care at ELWA Hospital, clinics, and dental office.
- Provide fiscal management and oversight, assuring proper use of funds and resources.
- Assure that healthcare related building projects are consistent with the needs and values of ELWA Medical Center.
- Participate in department reviews to support the development and implementation of policies and procedures that ensure accountability in the provision of quality healthcare.
- Participate in staff recruitment, development and retention.
- Fosters an atmosphere of continuous improvement with the goal of sustainability.
- Provide leadership training and share the vision often while developing an environment that supports the vision.
- Promote ELWA’s healthcare ministries and build connection between ELWA and potential donors.
- Encourage collaboration between the ELWA Hospital, clinics, dental office, and community outreach programs and other ELWA Ministries/SIM Liberia ministries.
- Comply and collaborate with the Ministry of Health and the Government of Liberia.
- Participate in developing new medical service opportunities that meet Liberia’s patient care needs.
- Participate in developing reports for the ELWA Executive Director and SIM Country Director as required.
- Review and create if necessary policies that guide all healthcare related functions at ELWA.
- Communicate with the ELWA Executive Director and the SIM Liberia County Director on major decisions impacting the healthcare services at ELWA.
- Ensure financial reporting and procedures are managed well by hospital billing office staff. The Medical Center CEO will be the main signatory to hospital accounts.
- Ensure that ELWA’s healthcare services operate in accordance with its purposes and vision, and in line with the purpose and vision of ELWA Ministries and SIM Liberia.
- Ensure to the extent possible the hospital, clinics, and dental office comply with the laws of Liberia.
- Participate in other activities such as teaching or clinical care without jeopardizing the functions required of the CE.
- Create, train and be ready to implement an emergency response plan for potential future emergencies in Liberia
- Encourages spiritual development of the healthcare staff.
- Ensure programs are in place to ensure patients hear the Gospel when they encounter the medical services at ELWA.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.) from an accredited medical college or Masters in health administration, medical management, public administration or business administration.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide healthcare leadership with five years’ experience in a successful and well-functioning health care facility highly preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in exercising executive authority.
- Knowledge of healthcare organization and structure, outcomes-based quality of care, clinical effectiveness and performance improvement.
- Cross-cultural experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster collaborative partnerships in delivering quality care.
- Holds to the beliefs and faith of SIM and Samaritan’s Purse.
This can be an accompanied position.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8990