Campus Relations Coordinator
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact join our Campus Relations team!
The Campus Relations Coordinator will work with the Campus Relations Manager to build and coordinate all aspects of the Samaritan’s Purse Global Internship Program. Assist with the development and coordination of university and college strategic recruiting initiatives, and execute recruiting tactics that lead to quality internships, rotational and college graduate hires, and alumni hires. Assist with the year-round, ministry-wide placement and management of both domestic and international interns. Position requires some international travel, and up to 50% domestic travel during spring and fall recruiting season.
- Work with the Campus Relations Manager to execute the broad-based campus relations strategy for Samaritan’s Purse.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with university, college and seminary faculty, staff, students, career services members, and alumni associations to promote our career opportunities and employer brand.
- Assist with the design and coordination of informational sessions and meetings on campuses. Support and assist the Campus Relations Manager at other special events to represent the Internship Program.
- Identify, coordinate and attend strategically chosen campus recruiting events and career fairs.
- Assist with the year-round placement and coordination of both domestic and international interns, including screening and preliminary interviews for internship candidates.
- Assist with communication between IHQ and interns as well as care of interns, including conducting check-ins with international interns and assisting with intern debriefing.
- Establish strong working relationships with international and domestic hiring managers to understand intern hiring needs.
- Assist with the reference checks, background checks, paperwork and general on-boarding of interns for all three seasonal cycles.
- Work with the Campus Relations Manager to ensure a strong campus branding/social media/advertising strategy using various advertising channels and social media outlets such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and blogs.
- Work to enhance the candidate experience; this will include the interview, feedback and selection process, site visits, the formulation and extension of offers, welcoming of incoming interns.
- Work with the Manager concerning information related to "target" schools (career services contacts, faculty, student associations/organizations, alumni organizations, placement statistics, partnership programs, etc.).
- Provide ministry guidelines related to campus relations and recruiting (process, annual goals, visits, branding).
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related fields. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in college recruitment/relations, including developing and executing recruitment strategies to meet staffing goals. Global experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to balance strategic (big picture) thinking with tactical application (detailed oriented and execution focused).
- Ability to drive sourcing strategy and achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to establish relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Must have strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively present to various levels of audiences, including executives, peers, and students.
- Must be technically proficient with IT systems, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, reports, internet navigation and research. Experience using applicant tracking system preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data to insight are required.
- Results oriented self-starter, and motivated professional.
- Strong influence, relationship management and engagement skills.
- Knowledge of employment law, corporate recruitment processes, recruitment strategies, and current recruiting trends, including social media and search engine optimization.
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of organizational skills.
- Track record of success in managing projects and programs in a fast pace, complex and ever changing work environment.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- Solutions focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Proven ability to cultivate strong partnerships, interface, communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Works as a true member of the team; proactively partners with Human Resources, Recruiting Leader and Peers to establish best practice.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SHRM Professional Human Resources Certification (PHR or SPHR) or other recognized HR and/or Recruitment certification preferred.
Employees who work within the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10493