Business Systems Analyst (BSA)
Job Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Manager, Enterprise Systems
FLSA Status: Exempt_ FLSA Computer Exemption
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to join our internal IT department. This BSA would be Responsible for supporting, advising and providing technical training to Samaritan’s Purse staff on the effective use of existing enterprise systems used at both the domestic and the international field level. Applications include inventory, assets, payroll, HR, general accounting, procurement, payables and others as needed to maximize efficiency of business processes at IHQ and on the field. Assists with analysis and reporting of data globally. May also assist other IHQ analysts as needed, some International travel required. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
1. Serve as business analyst by working with end users to understand various Ministry Systems (Financial, IT, etc.) and develop solutions to their business processes using technology to maximize their performance.
2. Serve as liaison between domestic and international Samaritan’s Purse teams served by Information Technology (IT) and IT programming staff in the development and design of new applications and analytical reports to aid staff in working more effectively and efficiently.
3. Write basic queries for specific data within various Systems, have a strong understanding of Financial Systems, keeping abreast to updates and changes within various Systems both in IT and other Departments.
4. Assist with Accounts Payable, assisting in procurement procedures.
5. Complete accounting entries and working with fixed assets, exposure to one of the following desired: PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle Financial, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamic ERP Software, or related IT/Financial Business Management tools.
6. Gather IT business requirements and present these requirements to IT management.
7. Support fixed assets both domestic and international Field Offices.
8. Train end-users domestically and internationally on existing and/or new Financial Systems/IT Systems and other Systems across all departments when necessary.
9. Coordinate the implementation of new Enterprise Applications on a global level requiring collaboration with other areas within IT, as well as other departments across the organization.
10. Communicate problems encountered and enhancements needed for business applications used globally. Includes communicating to staff, as well as outside consultants and vendors when appropriate.
11. Guide IT Department management in selecting or assisting with developing applications to maximize performance and provide a user-friendly interface for staff in the field.
12. Provide one-on-one training to SP staff on the use of specific applications as needed.
13. Coordinate testing of new and enhanced applications with SP staff.
14. Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan's Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
15.. Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
16.. Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
17. Complete tasks in relation to inventory, assets, payroll, and payables.
* Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
* Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
* Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
* Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
* Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
* Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA), preferably in Accounting and/or IT; and five to seven years’ (5-7) of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9609