Biblical Leadership Training Coordinator, South Sudan
Are you an experienced ministry leader with a passion for leadership development? Join us as a Biblical Leadership Training Coordinator at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Biblical Leadership Training Coordinator in South Sudan, your ministerial and training expertise will help to develop a strong cadre of biblically-minded local leaders. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Organizes and implements training workshops for church and government leaders.
- Participates in presentation of Samaritan’s Purse Biblical Leadership Training materials.
- Works with local senior leaders and organizational ministry teams to plan leadership workshops.
- Creates and follows an implementation plan for new Biblical Leadership Training curriculum.
- Evaluates and improves existing Biblical Leadership Training resources.
- Standardizes ministry projects throughout Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan’s field locations.
- Conducts follow-up sessions with trained leaders to monitor implementation of lessons-learned.
- Develops extension material to augment initial training workshop during follow up visits.
- Builds relationships with local training institutions and works towards development of a Diploma Course in Biblical Leadership Training.
- Builds local church capacity for leadership program sustainability.
- Empowers and provides technical support to national staff at each field location to facilitate program replication amongst church and local leaders.
- Directs program logistics, managing inventory and transportation of training materials as appropriate.
- Manages available budget, and coordinates with Ministry Program Manager to produce timely and accurate reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Travels up to 50% of their time to support all field locations.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Occasionally leads devotions and orchestrates sharing of testimonies.
- Assists with all other duties as assigned by Ministry Program Manager.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- A bachelor’s degree in theology is required, though a higher qualification is desired with a specialization in leadership. An MBA is also strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years’ ministry experience required; experience in business management strongly preferred.
- Proven church partnership, leadership, and management experience.
- Experience in chaplaincy is desirable.
- Proven experience working with church structures and building inter-church coalitions.
- Extensive international and cross-cultural working experience.
- Strong planning, organizing, budgeting, communication, and strategy formulation skills.
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in extremely difficult conditions.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
- Willing to build local national staff capacity by utilizing training and coaching skills.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural and denominational differences.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to speak Arabic and other local languages preferred.
- May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
This is a 24-month position with the possibility of extension.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10337