Base Manager/WASH Program Coordinator, Myanmar
Are you an experienced humanitarian leader with strong technical knowledge of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)? Join us as a Base Manager/WASH Program Coordinator at Samaritan’s Purse (SP)! As a Base Manager/WASH Program Coordinator, you will serve as SP’s representative for Base and WASH operations in our Mandalay, Myanmar office. Let God put your leadership and technical expertise to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
WASH Program Coordinator Duties:
- Assist the Program Development Officer (PDO)/Country Director in guiding the implementation of the project, project design (proposal and budget writing), and the methods of follow up.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of procurement, storage and shipping of materials.
- Monitor program budget and market rates for materials and shipping.
- Liaise with local government personnel from Ministry of Health and Sports.
- Assist in the oversight of WASH field staff.
- Oversee and facilitate the recruitment of staff, as needed.
- Assist the PDO in the assessment of activities undertaken and ensuring efficient use of resources.
- As directed, assist with monitoring and evaluation activities to include monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Participate in the identification of beneficiaries and mobilization of households, communities, and individuals in the project objectives.
Base Manager Duties:
- Work with the landlords at both offices (sub-base and satellite offices) to ensure all facilities remain in good repair and safe for occupancy according to the leases of the property.
- Maintain, manage and control the operating bases’ budget, including food purchases, kitchen office and janitorial supplies, building maintenance, property and ground supplies, equipment maintenance and repair contract labor, and other areas in coordination with logistics.
- Oversee housekeeping, finance, and logistics staff.
- Oversee aspects of procurement, storage, and communications.
- Design and improve systems where necessary for the smooth running of base operations.
- Ensure policies and procedures for logistics and finance are properly implemented.
- Manage operations, security, human resources, finance and community relations for programs in Mandalay.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating field visits from Samaritan’s Purse International Headquarters and affiliate offices.
- Liaise with Yangon Operations Coordinator and Logistics to standardize operations processes and ensure clear communications and updates regarding procurement processes and contracts (including WatchDog Pro screening, vendor vetting, etc.).
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment, but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8780