Base and Facilities Manager
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a Base & Facilities Manager to serve in Haiti. The Base and Facilities Manager will be responsible for oversight of both the Jax Base and the Greta Home and Academy (GHA). The Base and Facilities Manager will need to bring strong technical skills in maintenance and repair to this role. You will have the opportunity to serve with excellence through maintaining all offices, living spaces, buildings and other facilities, and ground operations. You will also have the opportunity to lead and invest in a team of national staff in both locations, including the Jax base kitchen staff.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
*This is an accompanied position located in Haiti
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team of national staff to maintain and repair both the Jax Base and the Greta Home and Academy (GHA).
- Ensure both bases are in good repair and safe for occupancy and work, including all physical structures such as housing, offices, storage, and any other building and support systems such as the well, water pipes and all plumbing fixtures; the septic system including the sump pump and leach fields; the electrical infrastructure; appliance repair; and other areas as the arise.
- Maintain the grounds at Jax Base and GHA in a neat and orderly fashion, ensuring all areas are safe and physically attractive. This includes cutting grass, cleaning up deadfall, and removing and burning all trash produced by both facilities.
- Work with National Staff to train, develop and build their capacity within their assigned roles; as a team, in conflict resolution abilities and in spiritual growth.
- Supervise the kitchen staff at Jax Base, ensuring the provision of quality food and the maintenance of hygienic food preparation and service areas.
- Oversee the national staff that perform janitorial and laundry service at Jax Base.
- Possibility to manage or co-manage the Jax Base operating budget; based on skill set and previous experience.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries and the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise eight to ten non-supervisory employees. Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge of electrical, air-conditioning, water systems, plumbing, septic and other facility maintenance areas
- Bachelor’s degree and five to six (5-6) years’ experience working in a construction, facilities or maintenance management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five (3-5) years’ management experience, preferably working in a developing world context
- Successful track record in building teams and developing capacity in staff
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact well with people of varying educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Strong planning and organizational skills; yet flexible and adaptable to frequently changing priorities
- Experience living and working internationally; previous experience in Haiti a plus
- Knowledge of budgeting principals, preferred
- Twelve-credit hours of college-level biblical studies, required
- English required; French/Creole language skills preferred but not necessary
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10429