Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an exciting opportunity for an Awards Officer to join our Awards Management team.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure Samaritan’s Purse has satisfactory award and sub-award programs, including but not limited to: providing general financial management, such as monitoring expenditures vs. budget, to ensure that financial functions support the timely, effective and efficient implementation of programs and expenditures are compliant to awarding agencies’ policies.
- Administer the reporting and compliance requirements with all assigned sub-awards, including review of procurement and transportation documentation.
- Guide and facilitate International Headquarters (IHQ) and Field Staff in the development and preparation of procedures and documentation necessary for awarding agency compliance and management.
- Provide guidance in the interpretation of award terms and conditions and applicable United States Government (USG) and non-USG regulations.
- Train appropriate staff on awarding agency rules and regulations, as well as on SP internal procedures for proposal development, award management, and procurement.
- Coordinate with Projects staff to follow-up on award inquiries and submissions.
- Ensure the timely processing of periodic reports and closeout reports for assigned countries.
- Provide for archival, award-specific information such as contacts, contracts, baseline assessment documents, tasks, reports, issues, events, and budget/expense information specific to an award.
- Stay familiar with current rules and regulations according to each awarding agency, as well as internal procedures and accounting systems
- International travel may be required to train and support field level program staff and review award information.
- Support of IMT/DART (Incident Manager Team/Disaster Assistance Response Team) in emergency responses may be required.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Four year college or university program certificate and Three to five years related experience and/or training with emphasis on grants administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in grant administration and management
- Strong organization written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines with keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)