Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an opportunity for an Awards Analyst to join our Projects Department.
This position serves on the Samaritan’s Purse Awards Management Team with coordination and monitoring of assigned programs, which primarily include grant funded projects. This person works closely with the Awards Team Manager to assist with the day to day administration, compliance and reporting requirements of programs. He/she may liaise with Regional Directors and all program stakeholders, as appropriate. International travel will be required.
- Work with assigned awards and countries to ensure Samaritan’s Purse has satisfactory award and sub-award programs. Administer the reporting and compliance requirements with all assigned awards, including review of financial, narrative, procurement and transportation documentation. Assist Senior Award Officers with large grant efforts as assigned and may support small portfolios within a field office.
- Provide guidance in the interpretation of award terms and conditions and applicable United States Government (USG) and non-USG regulations. Develop training materials on awarding agency rules and regulations, as well as on SP internal procedures for proposal development, award management, and procurement.
- Provide for archival, award-specific information such as contacts, contracts, baseline assessment documents, tasks, reports, issues, events, and budget/expense information specific to an award. Performs assessment, monitoring and analysis of grant program financial information, and other finance-related activities as assigned.
- Stay familiar with current rules and regulations according to each awarding agency, as well as internal procedures and accounting systems
- International travel may be required to train and support field level program staff and review award information.
- Support of IMT/DART teams in emergency responses may be required.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines with keen attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to conduct complex analyses on a wide variety of compliance issues
- Ability to develop and carry out plans and solve problems independently
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year college or university program certificate in relevant field; and one to three years related experience and/or training with emphasis on grants administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Employees who work within the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8997