Aviation General Manager
Directly responsible to the Director Mission Aviation Services (MAS), the General Manager is responsible for and manages all MAS business and administrative functions, ensuring that all is conducted according to Samaritan’s Purse policies and procedures. The scope of this position’s responsibilities includes all MAS locations globally. The GM serves as the second-in-command in the absence of the Director MAS.
The General Manager (GM) directs the full scope of MAS finance and administrative functions, including budgeting, recruitment and hiring process, procurement, logistical support, inventory tracking, contracts and agreements, policy and procedure, transaction processing, financial reporting, vision and project tracking, as well as other aviation related studies and projects which may arise. The GM is responsible for interaction with related International Headquarters (IHQ) and other ministry staffs for the finance and administrative function and manages/directs a global team to perform these duties.
The position will represent Samaritan’s Purse professionally at all times when dealing with business associates, officials, and stakeholders. Maintain service-oriented attitude toward stakeholders’ needs while maintaining utmost confidentiality with regard to flight schedules and other proprietary information.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, passengers, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attend morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Support the Director MAS efforts to articulate and disseminate clearly the department’s vision to all of MAS, as well as tracking progress to keep Director MAS advised of progress/status/concerns to achieving the vision, all according to Proverbs 3:5-6.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financial resources needed for MAS activities and deployments at all locations, ensuring that there are proper controls around all transactions, managing budget process (operating and capital), monitoring financial reports for accuracy and timeliness, and providing support to MAS staff, ensuring that all activities are in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse accounting policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify financial opportunities and risks, including recommendations and implementation planning for achieving the opportunities and mitigating risks.
- Track progress on all MAS projects and activities for reporting to the Director MAS and holding the MAS principals accountable to ensure financial, timeline, and purpose are achieved; this includes review and approval of project information for deployments.
- Ensure strong logistical support to all of MAS as it relates to procurement, inventories, and asset management, including acquisitions, disposals, and shipments.
- Liaise with Human Resources Business Partner in the hiring process, managing job descriptions, contracts, and other staffing agreements.
- Maintain and participate in development of MAS specific policies, manuals, and procedure development.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual, and ensure compliance by MAS team.
- Travel to each MAS location to stay current with local management and direct reports, field activities, and to conduct reviews at least quarterly to ensure appropriate staffing, project and financial expenditures tracking and accountability, and controls according to Samaritan’s Purse and MAS policies and procedures, and address needs and issues which require attention.
- Supervises Finance and Administration staff across all of MAS: Directly supervises three (3) to four (4) supervisory and non-supervisory regular employees; indirectly supervises 3 to 4 regular employees in other locations.
- An understanding and appreciation of aviation and its contribution to the ministry
- Understanding of and practice Biblical leadership
- Understanding of Biblical grace and accountability
- Strong business background, including financials, accounting, controls, processes, and human resources
- Exceptional problem solving/analysis
- Excellent communication and initiative
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Focus on continuous improvement (processes/productivity)
- Strong collaboration skills
- Willingness to undertake any task at any time when necessary
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, as well as a strong understanding of controls, processes, and separation of duties, plus at least five (5) years’ related finance and administrative experience. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook required. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)