Associate Technical Instructor: Procurement and Operations Track (Apprentice Program)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Technical Instructor: Procurement and Operations Track to join our Projects and Apprenticeship team. The Apprentice Program seeks to equip the next generation with the needed skills and experience to begin a fulfilling career within Samaritan’s Purse. This position will come along side our team in leading the instructional portion of the Procurement and Operations track of the Apprenticeship training. The Technical Instructor will work within established processes to review and revise training curriculum and facilitate training sessions with apprentices. This position will also serve as the designated point person for apprentices assigned to the Procurement and Operations track throughout the cohort, providing expertise, guidance, and feedback.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
** NOTE: This is a temporary position lasting from September - December 2020. The position will work out of our North Wilkesboro, NC location**
What you will be doing:
- Act as the point person for apprentices assigned to the Procurement and Operations track throughout the cohort.
- Provide technical guidance during independent activities.
- Review independent study and training content (slides, examples, etc.) prior to each session. Anticipate and plan for potential questions and points of confusion.
- Contribute to facilitator notes for each training session that will serve as the authoritative guide for instructors.
- Lead training sessions in the Procurement and Operations Technical Track.
- Coordinate with, and plan for, other trainers as needed.
- Upon completion of each training session, analyze effectiveness and advise on revisions or modifications to the training materials.
- Work in collaboration with the Curriculum Specialist to incorporate changes into the curriculum.
- Coordinate with other instructors as necessary to ensure a seamless training experience for participating apprentices.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in a relevant field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of international humanitarian experience in a programs-related management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience in, all functions of managing procurement and operations effectively within a humanitarian aid context, including tools, procedures, processes for needs assessment, project design, budgeting and financial management, procurement planning, proposal development, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Expertise in training on procurement management topics, including standard procurement processes, quote analysis, public tenders and fraud prevention/detection, etc.
- Expertise in training on operations topics, including fixed assets, fleet, human resources, base management, warehousing and information technologies
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Temporary, Full-time position
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)